AnyDVD-latest Version won't work!

Hello together,
yesterday i downloaded the latest Version of Clone DVD and AnyDVD. After installing and restarting w2k, i tried to backup a Video. From Clone DVD i got the message, that the disc is copy-protected (AnyDVD running in the background). So i tried to rip the Video with AnyDVD to my Harddrive. Everything seemed to be fine, but when i tried to watch the video on the harddisk, the whole video was scrambled. The disk was clean and without scratches. Has anyone experience with this phenomenon?

You could try stepping back down to 6.0.8.2 or even earlier.

Newer versions seem to have trouble.

If that doesn’t work, there are some other options you can look into including a couple of really good free apps.

Which combination would you prefer?
I have been working with CloneDVD (an older version) and DVD43. This seemed to work fine, till i tried to copy “Pirates of the Carribean 2”, CloneDVD reported an exception error. So i installed ANyDVD and CloneDVD latest versions.

do you still have DVD43 still on your PC?

DVD43 was uninstalled prior to installing AnyDVD, right? Both should not be installed at the same time, I believe.

You may want to try uninstalling DVD43 and AnyDVD completely, rebooting, doing an disk error check / fix, deleting your temp files, then running a registry cleaner and maybe even defragging. That will help make sure your system is cleaned up and ripe for a fresh install of AnyDVD again.

I would try installing 6.0.8.2 - not anything newer - and then see if you can successfully read the movie into DVD Shrink and make either a Full Backup or a Re-Author.

If you are unable to make the backup under those circumstances, there are a couple of other apps you can try to see if you are able to successfully rip the disk at all. Hopefully it’s not a hardware thing - or maybe driver corruption. But step by step, testing this and that, you will hopefully be able to get it figured out.

@Bearded Kirklander
DVD43 was uninstalled, Any DVD does it for you while installing.
But now, where can i get an older version of AnyDVD?

Someone could e-mail it to you. PM me if you want it.

here’s version 6082

http://www.filehippo.com/download_anydvd/?1734

Dont know what trouble they are having but AnyDVD 6.0.9.0 hasn’t given me any problems? I think it has to be how the computer software and hardware setup are conflicting? Have to assume here since we have no setup configuration from the poster.

Beat me to it. I should have included it in the earlier post. Sorry about that.

But hey - File Hippo is pretty darn cool, eh? w00t!

Still may be worth getting Norton Ghost 2003 (or some other imaging app you are comfortable with) and backing up your whole boot partition, then doing a very basic fresh install of Windows XP, then imaging that and keeping it as a testing platform for stuff. Can make things much easier and faster and I do feel it’s worth the investment in time and resources.

Besides, sometimes it’s just hard to keep a system well maintained and cleaned, especially if you test different versions of apps and drivers. One bad install can just put the whole system out of whack sometimes. Heck, even accidentally deleting a couple of files in the root directory of your boot disk can prevent XP from even being able to recover. Wacky non-self-repairing OS’s…

Best of luck.

Perhaps you should amend your thread title to add “for me” since many of us have not had any of these problems. Blanket statments tend to be a little too harsh.

since when can anydvd uninstall another program? it can’t.
you have to uninstall dvd43 yourself.

I think that’s implied…

I have never installed DVD43 on any of my computers and don’t actually know how this works but according to the AnyDVD v5.5.4.1 change list AnyDVD is spouse to remove DVD43 if it is installed.

5.5.4.1, 2005 11 15

• New: Added detection and removal of a new type of protection
    "Chapter Jump" as found on “Kleiner Koenig Kalle Wirsch” (German)
    to the option to remove “Protection based on unreadable Sectors”
  • New: Added display of “Chapter Jump” structural protection in
    AnyDVD information window
  • New: Added support for a new protection as found on
    "Layer Cake" R2 (Dutch) to the option to remove
    "Protection based on unreadable Sectors"
  • [B]New: As DVD43 could cause system instability if installed together
    with AnyDVD, it can now be automatically uninstalled, as soon as
    AnyDVD is started.[/B]
  • Updated languages

BeLooken

this is from a older version

5.5.4.1, 2005 11 15

• New: Added detection and removal of a new type of protection
    "Chapter Jump" as found on “Kleiner Koenig Kalle Wirsch” (German)
    to the option to remove “Protection based on unreadable Sectors”
  • New: Added display of “Chapter Jump” structural protection in
    AnyDVD information window
  • New: Added support for a new protection as found on
    "Layer Cake" R2 (Dutch) to the option to remove
    "Protection based on unreadable Sectors"
    [B]- New: As DVD43 could cause system instability if installed together
    with AnyDVD, it can now be automatically uninstalled, as soon as
    AnyDVD is started.[/B]- Updated languages

Hey, don’t feel bad, nobody can know everything. I didn’t remember it could uninstall dvd43 either.

hmmm…i missed that, but i wonder if it acually does now since the op is having problems with it.

It’s hard to keep up with all the changes.

well i just checked all of my comps and 1 of them (out of 8) still has dvd43 on it and anydvd 6.0.9.0.
it’s now a file server so unless i put dvd43 on after (which i doubt very much as i haven’t used dvd43 (inactive) in over 2 1/2 to 3 years ago)
so i think (i could be wrong) but doesn’t dvd43 have to be on (active) for anydvd to see it to remove it?

I had dvd43 in the past and anydvd did uninstall it if both were on the same hard drive.