6.6.8.0 2010 07 27

• New: Added AnyDVD System Information shortcut
  • New: Added AppInit DLLs to sysinfo.txt
  • New (Blu-ray): Added support for new BD+ protections
  • New (Blu-ray): Updated decryption keys
  • New (Blu-ray): Removes copy control information (CCI) from transport stream
  • New (Blu-ray BDAV): Workaround for bug of some BD recorders with dual layer
    discs causing the second layer decryption to fail
  • New (DVD BDAV): Added support for AACS protected AVCREC discs, e.g.
    Japanese TV recordings
  • Fix (Blu-ray): Playback of m2ts files from discs, which are protected by BD+,
    could fail
  • Fix (Blu-ray BDAV): Decryption could fail, if titles have been deleted from disc
    http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html

Subject line says it all - I just installed the 6.6.8.0 release and my firewall went crazy - the installer repeatedly tried to open every single running process on my machine - my firewall, my virus scanner, my VPN clients - EVERYTHING running. I had to block about 50 attempts to open running processes.

Is there any possible valid reason for this? Why does the installer suddenly need to inspect every task my host has running?

This is new behavior - I saw none of this in ANY prior release, and I’ve been using AnyDVD/CloneDVD for something like 5+ years.

Please remove this unnecessary intrusion into my machine in future installers.

Unfortunately this thread wasn’t yet created when I started to compose this:

http://club.myce.com/f88/why-does-anydvd-6-6-8-0-installer-finger-every-running-process-my-system-314369/

Didn’t do this on my Win 7 Ultimate x64 OS install. Weird!

[QUOTE=vancod;2534428]Subject line says it all - I just installed the 6.6.8.0 release and my firewall went crazy - the installer repeatedly tried to open every single running process on my machine - my firewall, my virus scanner, my VPN clients - EVERYTHING running. I had to block about 50 attempts to open running processes.

Is there any possible valid reason for this? Why does the installer suddenly need to inspect every task my host has running?

This is new behavior - I saw none of this in ANY prior release, and I’ve been using AnyDVD/CloneDVD for something like 5+ years.

Please remove this unnecessary intrusion into my machine in future installers.[/QUOTE]

Put this way you provide no helpful information or what type of software your using for firewall to know what is going on.

<-- also saw nothing unusual during the same update.

verily it is possessed!

[QUOTE=Blue-J;2534508]Didn’t do this on my Win 7 Ultimate x64 OS install. Weird![/QUOTE]

Well this user has w7x64 plus clonecd, clonedvd, clondvdmobile installed and have no problems running latest release and beta version. So it would come down to your O/S or firewall or AV is the cause of the install problem.

It might also be because of where you downloaded your version of AnyDVDhd, it must be from here or the Slysoft site.:wink:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2534991]It might also be because of where you downloaded your version of AnyDVDhd, it must be from here or the Slysoft site.;)[/QUOTE]

Allen
did you mean
" it must be NOT from here or the Slysoft site" :wink:

[QUOTE=zaq;2535022]Allen
did you mean
" it must be NOT from here or the Slysoft site" ;)[/QUOTE]

What Alan means is that you must download it either from here or from SlySoft to ensure you’ve got the genuine official version.

[B]Wombler[/B]

I mean’t you must download the program from an Offical download link. Whether it be here or at the Slysoft site, you cannot download any link that has been tampered with, like from Rapidshare or other download sites. I hope that is clear enough. By the way my dowload of this version or any other has never done what is implied here.

Sorry for lack of response, the site decided my username/password weren’t correct and I was locked out. Didn’t have free cycles to get back to this until tonight…

OK, sorry, I did forget some key details. <blush>

My system is WinXP SP3

My Firewall is ZomeAlarm Pro v9.1.008 (yes - it’s older; there are no updates I require)

I have only ever downloaded AnyDVD/CloneDVD from the SlySoft site from the day I purchased them. The only time I download is when I get an email telling me there’s a new version - and the link it that email is directly to the SlySoft D/L page. In short - this system has NEVER had a cracked version of the software installed as a RapidShare download would seem to suggest…

Not sure what else I can provide. I suppose I could uninstall the current version and re-install an older version to “see what happens”, but not sure what that is going to prove… I can record it with Camtasia if you want to see a video of me clicking “deny” for 3 minutes.

The workings of this firewall are not complex - when a “newly launched” process attempts to interact with another running process or monitor my keystrokes, etc the firewall alerts me and asks my approval. As I said - I have to deny 46 requests for AnyDVD to get at 46 running processes - and I’ve never seen an update do that before now… Previously the installer gives a single warning that a process is being opened, and that’s it.

The laptop is a major work tool - it does not see change often so I logically assumed this is wholly something inside the AnyDVD update. But I’m certainly open to suggestion if there’s something I can test. Just ask!

I would suggest it is how the older firewall “sees” the AnyDVD installer, and not the fault of AnyDVD. Until you can uninstall the old firewall, and see how AnyDVD installs w/o it, we’ll never know,

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2534981]Well this user has w7x64 plus clonecd, clonedvd, clondvdmobile installed and have no problems running latest release and beta version. So it would come down to your O/S or firewall or AV is the cause of the install problem.[/QUOTE]No, not really. When I’m installing a new version of AnyDVD (or any software package for that matter) and all else is equal (my OS and my Firewall have not been altrered in months) I don’t see how this can be anything other than the [I]NEW SOFTWARE[/I] that’s being introduced in what is effectively a closed system.

Maybe you should not install software onto a “closed system.” It can wreak havoc, and obviously has.

@vancod
maybe the lack of firewall updateting has finally caught up with you.
I seem to recall when I used to use ZA many years ago it actually needed permission to run some programs like AnyDvd.
May be if you go into ZA applications and allow anydvd all permissions, may solve your problem.

If you dislike updating your other programs such as ZA, maybe you should not update AD either - just a thought
CIAO

[QUOTE=vancod;2535666]The workings of this firewall are not complex - when a “newly launched” process attempts to interact with another running process or monitor my keystrokes, etc the firewall alerts me and asks my approval. As I said - I have to deny 46 requests for AnyDVD to get at 46 running processes - and I’ve never seen an update do that before now… Previously the installer gives a single warning that a process is being opened, and that’s it.

The laptop is a major work tool - it does not see change often so I logically assumed this is wholly something inside the AnyDVD update. But I’m certainly open to suggestion if there’s something I can test. Just ask![/QUOTE]

That sounds worrying to me.

I’m not saying there’s something there but I think you’d be wise to do a full virus scan and scan your system with SpyBot Search & Destroy to see if anything is picked up.

Make sure you download any signature updates before doing the scans.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=zaq;2535685]@vancod
maybe the lack of firewall updateting has finally caught up with you.
I seem to recall when I used to use ZA many years ago it actually needed permission to run some programs like AnyDvd.
May be if you go into ZA applications and allow anydvd all permissions, may solve your problem.

If you dislike updating your other programs such as ZA, maybe you should not update AD either - just a thought
CIAO[/QUOTE]

You beat me to it zaq. :slight_smile:

So it’s probably just the out of date firewall software then.

@vancod - Doing the scans is still a useful exercise though and will help confirm it’s not malware.

[B]Wombler[/B]