AnyDVD HD 7.6.9.2 Discussion Thread

vbimport

https://www.redfox.bz/download.html

7.6.9.2 2016 03 20
New (Blu-ray): Support for new discs
New (Blu-ray): Support for new ScreenPass version as found on Mockingjay, Part 2, US
New (Blu-ray): SpeedMenu RedFox design
Fix (Blu-ray): Bug introduced several versions ago: Speedmenu graphics were “garbled”
Some minor fixes and improvements

Thanks for the Link Alan

THX for the heads-up,Alan! :iagree:

Looks like it’s going to be a subscription , I quote, “AnyDVD HD will be offered as a subscription, this is actually the only sensible business model, as there will always be new discs which need to be taken care of. The pricing isn’t ironed out yet, but a one year subscription will probably be 49,- EUR, a renewal 39,- EUR for the following year. Very simple and straightforward.”

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/redfox-addresses-slysoft-license-concerns.68578/

Any new info on how long the old life time keys will work? I my wait and see how the new company does before a buy a new subscription key.

[QUOTE=Thunderbolt69;2770604]Any new info on how long the old life time keys will work? I my wait and see how the new company does before a buy a new subscription key.[/QUOTE]

For anything that does not require access to the online database, your lifetime subscription program will continue to work from now on. But the Slysoft version of AnyDVD HD required access to an online database in order to decrypt many modern Blu-ray movies.

Redfox extended the life of the Slysoft software for a couple of months, but older versions of AnyDVD HD will lose access to the Redfox online database on May 1st.

As I rarely use Any DVD now and I already have too many subscriptions, I will not be paying for it any more. It did say “updates forever” “forever” being the life of Slysoft, obviously.
I do wish you Guys all the best with the new venture. I still think you ought to allow people to buy lifetime licences as so many things are subscription these days and it all adds up to a considerable amount of money each year.

[QUOTE=mosis14;2770603]Looks like it’s going to be a subscription , I quote, “AnyDVD HD will be offered as a subscription, this is actually the only sensible business model, as there will always be new discs which need to be taken care of. The pricing isn’t ironed out yet, but a one year subscription will probably be 49,- EUR, a renewal 39,- EUR for the following year. Very simple and straightforward.”

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/redfox-addresses-slysoft-license-concerns.68578/[/QUOTE]

Very reasonable.

Not bad but the problem is before cutting users off they should get the new purchasing system working first.

you guys might want to read the interview i had with them again. The loss of opd access is already addressed.

Slysoft licenses are able to use up to version 7.6.9.1 [B]with the OPD being available for access until April 30th , 2016. What happens on May 1st ?[/B] Will that OPD be pulled offline? What sort of impact may users expect?
[B][James] The OPD will not be pulled offline. Old AnyDVD versions [U]might die a slow death. But we will offer a smooth transistion for SlySoft customers to RedFox[/U].[/B]

Sorry Ch3vr0n, but that statement is very ambiguous. I’m probably being thick as I’m none the wiser what will happen to my lifetime licence, slowly be transitioned to Redfox? (pay a sub?) or what? Slowly become useless along with my Clone BD if I don’t? Annoyingly, I only bought Clone BD to support Slysoft and put up with the bugs when it was being developed.
I realise that Redfox need money, but so do I now. I can’t keep spending on these things, essentials like an anti virus, food etc have to come first.

[QUOTE=voxsmart;2770606]As I rarely use Any DVD now and I already have too many subscriptions, I will not be paying for it any more. It did say “updates forever” “forever” being the life of Slysoft, obviously.
I do wish you Guys all the best with the new venture. I still think you ought to allow people to buy lifetime licences as so many things are subscription these days and it all adds up to a considerable amount of money each year.[/QUOTE]

Yes, Until late '15 I’ve only paid for a 1 year subscription feeling something sooner or later AnyDVD would be forced to fold or be taken down. However in 2015 I signed up for two years. Should of stuck to my guns. A forever license is truly BS especially when developers are dealing with bean counter madmen such as the MPAA and other conglomerate assholes. It’s lots of money (power) against a business with lesser finances.

Isn’t CloneBD an Elby program?

I was thinking even if you purchased CloneBD through Slysoft it is still actually Elby software and your Key would still be good for LifeTime if that is what you purchased…

If I am mistaken…please let us know the scoop on the Elby programs…

Thanks

@voxsmart what will happen to your lifetime is already addressed. It’s clearly stated that at some point anydvd will need a RedFox license, rendering the lifetime obsolete when they move to the subscription model. As far as CloneBD goes, that’s an elby product not a RedFox/slysoft one. It never was, even on the old slysoft customers (including you) were redirected to elby for purchase.

[QUOTE=Ch3vr0n;2770646]@voxsmart what will happen to your lifetime is already addressed. It’s clearly stated that at some point anydvd will need a RedFox license, rendering the lifetime obsolete when they move to the subscription model. As far as CloneBD goes, that’s an elby product not a RedFox/slysoft one. It never was, even on the old slysoft customers (including you) were redirected to elby for purchase.[/QUOTE]
And I suspect there will be others using Anydvd HD torrent version as well I’ve see these torrent so if the package subscription become subscription model they should be reminded of this happening as well.

Back in my younger years, I did the pirate dance. I am not anymore. Pay my due and go on, I would recommend everyone to do so as long as they can, in any way, afford it… It is easier that way :wink:

[QUOTE=Ch3vr0n;2770646]@voxsmart what will happen to your lifetime is already addressed. It’s clearly stated that at some point anydvd will need a RedFox license, rendering the lifetime obsolete when they move to the subscription model. As far as CloneBD goes, that’s an elby product not a RedFox/slysoft one. It never was, even on the old slysoft customers (including you) were redirected to elby for purchase.[/QUOTE]

So, that means if I want to back up a blu-ray, I won’t need Any DVD. If I do, that means Clone BD is almost useless. I will not pirate a licence for Any DVD, that’s not in my nature.

Of course you need anydvd, CloneBD can’t decrypt commercial disc. Or at least any other decrypter. CloneBD never could decrypt, it’s a 100% legal application. CloneBD is unaffected, that’s not sold by RedFox. Pirating never really worked with anydvd despite being claimed to. Anydvd detects cracks: OPD access is denied, they come to the support forum claiming ripping doesn’t work despite the status window indication everything is fine. A logfile is requested, they provide it, a cracked version of pirated license key is detected by the staff. They get busted and called out, we never see them again after that logfile post.

Ch3vr0n, I was replying to Xercus’s comments about pirating. I already know all the things your saying about it. Of course My Clone DVD will stop working as well.
Sorry, but I feel let down and am being coerced into paying money I don’t have to keep Any DVD. I’m sure there was some financial tie up between Elby and Slysoft, I can’t see anything being sold that way without money changing hands.
A well known Chinese company went through hell with the AACS LA and as far as I know no one lost their lifetime licence. It’s also a matter of trust now, how do I know I won’t be wasting my money. I really hope they do make a go of it, but I cannot help financially, I just cannot afford to.

The other problem here is the rapid slowdown of backing up movies, what’s the point when so many streaming services are available and second hand DVDs and BDs are being sold for less than the postage costs. So eventually all I can see is Any DVD being used for pirating copyrighted movies instead of backing up. I guess I will get burned for saying all this, sorry, but that’s how I feel about it.

[QUOTE=voxsmart;2770696]Ch3vr0n, I was replying to Xercus’s comments about pirating. I already know all the things your saying about it. Of course My Clone DVD will stop working as well.
Sorry, but I feel let down and am being coerced into paying money I don’t have to keep Any DVD. I’m sure there was some financial tie up between Elby and Slysoft, I can’t see anything being sold that way without money changing hands.
A well known Chinese company went through hell with the AACS LA and as far as I know no one lost their lifetime licence. It’s also a matter of trust now, how do I know I won’t be wasting my money. I really hope they do make a go of it, but I cannot help financially, I just cannot afford to.

The other problem here is the rapid slowdown of backing up movies, what’s the point when so many streaming services are available and second hand DVDs and BDs are being sold for less than the postage costs. So eventually all I can see is Any DVD being used for pirating copyrighted movies instead of backing up. I guess I will get burned for saying all this, sorry, but that’s how I feel about it.[/QUOTE]

Some of do not want to stream movies. We prefer hard copies of purchased Blu-Rays. I don’t see physical disks going away anytime soon… The slow down you mention does not seem to be happening where I live. RedBox keeps opening new kiosks or adding a second kiosk to an existing outlet.