AnyDVD HD 6.6.3.8 BETA

vbimport

AnyDVD (HD) 6.6.3.8 beta

Safe for everyone to try (trial is allowed for this beta).

6.6.3.8 2010 04 26

• New (Blu-ray): Added support for new BD+ protections, e.g. “Avatar”
  • New (HD DVD & Blu-ray): Added events for HD DVD and Blu-ray discs
    to the option to start external programs
  • New (Blu-ray): Updated decryption keys
  • New (DVD): Added support for new protections
  • Fix (DVD): DVD video mode detection
  • Fix: AnyDVD notification icon would not show in rare situations.
  • Added more programs to the list requiring “aggressive I/O mode”
  • Some minor fixes and improvements
  • Updated languages

Download here: http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6638.exe

Note regarding Avatar BD: This version will work with both US versions of the disc (RED_BIRD_2D_WW) and the UK “RED_BIRD_2D_WW” version of the disc.
It will work with the European “RED_BIRD_2D_F3” version of the disc (e.g., France, Germany, Switzerland, …)
It will work with the European “RED_BIRD_2D_F2” version of the disc (e.g., Poland, Italy, Spain, …)
It will work with the Japanese “RED_BIRD_2D_F6” version of the disc.

It will not work with other “RED_BIRD_2D_F6” versions (China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, …). An updated AnyDVD version for these regions will be available soon.
It will not work with other “RED_BIRD_2D_WW” versions (South America). An updated AnyDVD version for these regions will be available soon.

Information regarding players:
Now, with the help of AnyDVD, Avatar will play on those players that previously couldn’t handle the disc, like ArcSoft TMT3 or older versions of PowerDVD.
Note that PowerDVD 10 build 1516 has a bug due to which Avatar sometimes will not play but get stuck in a black screen. This is not a protection issue.
There is an update available for PowerDVD 10 that handles this.

Enjoy!

Thanks SamuriHL.:wink:

Yea, I don’t know what the hell happened to the formatting of that one. :slight_smile:

6.[B]5[/B].3.8? lol

Hey, look, I can’t type ok? :smiley:

:smiley: was just givin you a hard time SamuriHL

Alan will fix it.

Yea, I know. :slight_smile:

All fixed. :wink:

Not bad and avatar BD is fixed by slysoft…but oh well I still watch only DVD’s not BD to expensive to buy and DVD will do just fine for me as there plenty of movies that are on DVD played on my computer do just fine for playback and entertainment. So no need yet for BD. Plus if I do get BD the burners are to expensive still and also the media. I can get more dvd+DL from the price per/package of BD-R media.

I don’t burn. I just create ISOs on large hdd’s in my HTPC and mount them with Virtual CloneDrive. The Avatar BD in particular is phenomenal quality.

I burn backup dvd cause HDD will fail without warning. At least with DVD you can make another backup if the backup fails or break or gets lost from the source dvd again. Loose HDD you loose Tetra bytes of movies.

[QUOTE=SamuriHL;2513618] The Avatar BD in particular is phenomenal quality.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, presumably helped by so much of it being high quality CGI.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Question folks. Burning DVD for years. New to Blu Ray. I have been using ISO images (free apps and Nero) and CloneDVD to burn or copy. Any suggestions on which app can burn/copy Blu Ray in conjunction with Any DVD HD? My Clone DVD seams outdated since it has no BD support. Thanks for the help

ImgBurn will do it.

Thanks SamurilHL. Had some experience with ImageBurn in the older DVD only days. There was another app I used instead, its been so long I don’t remember, that predated AnyDVD that created the image and did the burn. I take it with ImageBurn you still need and app like Nero to burn the image to DVD correct?

No imageburn does it all now

Right. What I was saying is create your unprotected ISO image either with AnyDVD’s Rip to image function or with ImgBurn with AnyDVD running. Then ImgBurn can be used to write the image to a BD+R/E. It can NOT be burned to a DVD if that’s what you’re thinking. Now, if you want to shrink it down look at BD Rebuilder which is awesome and uses x264 to compress things down to fit on whatever media you want.

Many thanks for the info folks.