6.6.2.6 2010 03 08

• New (Blu-ray): Updated decryption keys
  • New (DVD): Added support for new protections, e.g. “Precious”, R1, US
  • Added more programs to the list requiring “aggressive I/O mode”
  • Some minor fixes and improvements
  • Updated languages
    http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html

This version has the fix for Precious R1. Please post your comments.:clap:

Bravo…to the state sides…now maybe if we can get more users to buy Anydvd HD it might just stop those greedy studios from doing something that is counterproductive. yeah, Probably in our dreams…

I used AnyDVD 6.6.4.2 to backup my R1 “Precious” DVD today and it appeared to burn and verify 100% successful. However, when tested on numerous devices, I noticed that all the “Special Features” except for “Also from Lionsgate” fail to play properly. When clicked/selected, the screen goes black for a second and then returns to the menu. The main movie plays perfectly.

I am posting this here since this version introduced the fix for “Precious”.

Could others that have made a backup of “Precious” please check to see if they have the same issue?

Thank You!

After additional troubleshooting with my R1 “Precious” DVD issue, I wanted to add the following…

Just to clarify, the “Special Features” on the original pressed DVD play perfectly on all of my devices. The surface is scratch free and quality/CRC scans are perfect.

For ripping, I have tried:

“Rip Video DVD to Harddisk…” with AnyDVD v6.6.4.2
ImgBurn v2.5.1.0 (“Read” mode)
CloneCD v5.3.1.4

For burning, I have only tried ImgBurn v2.5.1.0 (“Write” mode) using a Verbatim DVD+R DL disc with my LITE-ON iHAS424-98Y (firmware: ZL1W JAN07,2009 BT-LIGGY) burner.

Please note that regardless of the rip method, the “Special Features” fail to play properly even BEFORE burning so I believe this is an issue created by AnyDVD or my ripping setup/process.

I just browsed through the VOBs for the original and backup. It is now clear that VOBs containing all of the missing “Special Features” are simply not present on the backup. I see the main movie VOBs and the “Also from Lionsgate” VOBs but nothing else. These missing VOBs are obviously the issue, I’m just unsure if AnyDVD or my ripping setup/process is to blame.

I believe I have just found the answer to my issue with “Precious”. Over at the SlySoft Forums there is the following thread…

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=40511

Yes…there is a known issue regarding the Special Features on Daybreakers. James is aware of it, so that means it’s very likely to be fixed in the next update.

Exact same problem on another recent Lionsgate release with an apparent fix in the works! Everyone should check their “Precious” backups for issues with playing the “Special Features”.

Later!