• New (DVD): Added support for new protections, e.g. “Underbelly -
    a tale of two cities”, R4, Australia
  • New (DVD): Added option to enable/disable DVD ISO ripping warning
  • New (DVD): Added additional information to logfile
  • New: Added option to enable/disable “no drive present” warning
  • Fix: AnyDVD ripper failed, if volume label contained the character ‘*’
  • Fix (HD DVD): “Error reading ADV_OBJ”, if two identical discs are inserted
    in two different drives at the same time
  • Fix (DVD): Brute force CSS decryption (region code mismatch) could fail.
  • Some minor fixes and improvements
  • Updated languages

http://www.slysoft.com/download/changes_anydvd.txt

@012
Thanks again
BTW
Where do you get news of betas?
just curious
George

From the official AnyDVD forum I’d imagine.

Anyone else trying out Windows 7 RC? I’m still in the trial period and updating to 6.5.5.9 seems to have caused the BSOD on the first reboot after installation.

Anyone else have this problem? …and anyone know if the newer Beta versions fix this?

Only two programs have caused this, and the other is a known issue. There is a problem with Micro Trend’s Anti-Virus in Win7, and I ignored the warning message. Windows Restore has saved me twice now.

6.5.4.0 works fine with Win7RC. I would prefer not to go back to XP. I realize these bugs may not be addressed until Win7 gets closer to its final release version.

6.5.6.2 is posted. I don’t know if it will help.

[QUOTE=slade37;2296980]Anyone else trying out Windows 7 RC? I’m still in the trial period and updating to 6.5.5.9 seems to have caused the BSOD on the first reboot after installation.

Anyone else have this problem? …and anyone know if the newer Beta versions fix this?[/QUOTE]6.5.5.9 is a full release (not a beta in other words). If your using the trial period still then from what i understand betas only work for paid registered users.

6.5.5.9 is the last released full non beta version at this time.

[QUOTE=slade37;2296980]Anyone else trying out Windows 7 RC? I’m still in the trial period and updating to 6.5.5.9 seems to have caused the BSOD on the first reboot after installation.

Anyone else have this problem? …and anyone know if the newer Beta versions fix this?[/QUOTE]

I don’t recall this being reported by anyone and no Windows 7 BSOD fix is listed in the beta release notes. You should report the issue directly to Slysoft if you haven’t already.

[QUOTE=Bob;2297001]6.5.5.9 is a full release (not a beta in other words). If your using the trial period still then from what i understand betas only work for paid registered users.

6.5.5.9 is the last released full non beta version at this time.[/QUOTE]

Correct. Only existing registered users can use beta releases.

Thanks for the info.

The Support page on the Slysoft web site lists the different forums. The link for reporting directly to them wasn’t very obvious. I’ve found it now. I want to verify a few things first. Double check and make sure I didn’t do something else. For now, it looks like AnyDVD caused it.

I now got 5.9.4.0 giving me the BSOD a couple of times, and AnyDVD is listed on screen before the reboot. However, it’s only after my PC has been on several hours and then open AnyDVD. I disabled autostart because I got sick of the nag prompt when I just wanted to watch a Blu-Ray or HD DVD on my PC.

It’s not playing nice with another program, and it may take awhile to find out which one. For budget reasons, it might be a month before I can buy AnyDVD, and I have 1 day left on the trial. …plus work and being on-call.