AnyDVD (HD) 6.4.6.1 beta

http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6461.exe

Changes from the last release version:

6.4.6.1 2008 08 20

• New: Added ISO/UDF image file creation to AnyDVD ripper
  • New (Blu-ray & HD DVD): ISO/UDF images can be created with or without
    copy protection. Images can be mounted with Virtual CloneDrive™,
    available at http://www.slysoft.com
    WARNING: AnyDVD can remove the protection from protected images.
    Protected images are useless, if AnyDVD is not installed and running!
  • Fix (DVD): AI scanner made a mistake with “The Eye”, Region 2, DK
  • Some minor fixes and improvements
  • Updated languages

[QUOTE=soulsurvivor;2113710]AnyDVD (HD) 6.4.6.1 beta

http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6461.exe

Changes from the last release version:

6.4.6.1 2008 08 20

• New: Added ISO/UDF image file creation to AnyDVD ripper
    [B]WARNING: AnyDVD can remove the protection from protected images.
    Protected images are useless, if AnyDVD is not installed and running![/B]
  • Fix (DVD): AI scanner made a mistake with “The Eye”, Region 2, DK
  • Some minor fixes and improvements
  • Updated languages[/QUOTE]In bold > I wonder why this is brought up? Not quite sure i understand this statement…

Thank you soulsurvivor

[QUOTE=soulsurvivor;2113710]

WARNING: AnyDVD can remove the protection from protected images.
    Protected images are useless, if AnyDVD is not installed and running!
    [/QUOTE]
    I think it works that way:
    It can create images where the copy protection is removed (which is the normal behaviour).
    NOW - it also can create images without removing the copy protection, so you still need to habe AnyDVD running when playing (or shrinking) those.

ok now i understand thank you.

That is something a lot of people wanted i believe.

[quote=Bob;2113716]In bold > I wonder why this is brought up? Not quite sure i understand this statement…

Thank you soulsurvivor[/quote]

I’ll explain. The checkbox to remove or keep protection is there because of me. James almost named it the “SamuriHL Method” :smiley: Anyway, this pertains to BD/HD DVD’s. If you keep the protection, AnyDVD is required to be running when you mount it to remove the protection on the fly. If that checkbox is not checked, it’ll create an unprotected ISO. The reason I keep protection in my ISOs is because I never have to rerip them in case of a bug in AnyDVD or whatever. I just mount the image with a new version of AnyDVD and I’m good to go. This option makes me SO VERY HAPPY.

[quote=Pianoman;2113729]I think it works that way:
It can create images where the copy protection is removed (which is the normal behaviour).
NOW - it also can create images without removing the copy protection, so you still need to habe AnyDVD running when playing (or shrinking) those.[/quote]

Yes, that’s right. There are reasons people would want to keep the protection in tact, like I explained above. MOST people should just leave that option alone unless you KNOW what you’re doing. :slight_smile: But I am so incredibly happy to have that there.

[quote=Bob;2113733]ok now i understand thank you.

That is something a lot of people wanted i believe.[/quote]

You better believe it’s something we wanted. :slight_smile: Slysoft ROCKS for doing that!!!

[QUOTE=SamuriHL;2113793]The reason I keep protection in my ISOs is because I never have to rerip them in case of a bug in AnyDVD or whatever. I just mount the image with a new version of AnyDVD and I’m good to go. This option makes me SO VERY HAPPY.[/QUOTE]
That’s a great idea!
I used to burn my images as files (and do not burn them as "burn image to disc), so that I can mount them later on with any tool I’d like!

This new feature is great!

I agree, this feature is awesome. The keep protection checkbox is there because of me. LOL. :slight_smile: I’ve been pretty stubborn the past year or so about making ISOs with AnyDVD disabled. Slysoft kept saying “you know, there’s really no reason to do that. Not really the best approach.” But it was working for me. So one day this little movie called Hitman came out. And it had a new variation of BD+. Tons of people ripped it leaving the BD+ protection, but, removing the AACS, figuring that when a new version of AnyDVD came out they could just update and they’d be good to go. The funny part was James saying to me in a thread…“You know how you rip with keeping the protection… ?” :smiley: In this case, it turned out to be a good thing because the BD+ could ONLY be removed if AACS was in place. So while I could just update AnyDVD and be good to go, all the people that ripped images removing the AACS were screwed and had to rerip. :smiley: While re-ripping isn’t that big of a deal, it takes time. So this keeping the protection method of ripping got nicknamed the “SamuriHL method” because I was so stubborn about doing it that way. :smiley: But in the end, it saved me time. A lot of people do it that way now.

It DOES have a few drawbacks. First and foremost, AnyDVD MUST be active when mounting a protected image. Otherwise it will not be playable as all the protection is in place and not bypassed in the image. Burning one of these protected images to disc is not possible without mounting it and letting AnyDVD remove the protection. Minor inconveniences, to be sure. I always leave AnyDVD running, so, yawn on that one. And to date, I’ve not been burning my images as I just got a burner last week and media is very expensive.

Anyway, that’s the history behind the magic checkbox. I am SO very appreciative that they put that in there. It makes my life so much easier.