Anydvd guessing the key

I wanted to back up 1 of my dvds using clone dvd and anydvd,when i put in the disc a box appeared saying that anydvd could not crack all the keys but would guess the rest,is this normal and would anydvd have been successful.:confused:

Originally posted by urwise
I wanted to back up 1 of my dvds using clone dvd and anydvd,when i put in the disc a box appeared saying that anydvd could not crack all the keys but would guess the rest,is this normal and would anydvd have been successful.:confused:

This is normal. What DVD was this? If you were able to watch/copy the DVD, AnyDVD was successful.

It was a DR Who dvd,because of what anydvd said i did not try and back up the dvd.

I think you have to let Anydvd search the dvd for css keys before you start cloning a dvd.

I’ve found that you should insert the dvd first, disable the autoplay, then open up anydvd (make sure autostart is disabled), then open up your burning program. Usually this works though. Sometimes anydvd will disable itself on me or crash my system.

Originally posted by gameguru1360
I think you have to let Anydvd search the dvd for css keys before you start cloning a dvd.

This is not necessary. The DVD will be invisible for the OS and any Application while AnyDVD cracks CSS.

I’ve also had the AnyDVD ‘key guessing’ message on the new SpyKids 3D (region2) disc.

Has this disc introduced some new keys that AnyDVD can’t cope with?

DVDDecrypter also fails.

Any help appreciated.

As far as i’m aware, when you use anydvd it tries to crack every stream present on the dvd. By this i mean, from the main movie right down as far as somtetimes those stupid 2 second black shots that has no audio.

Anydvd needs a certain amount of info to crack each stream and becuase they are soo small it cannot do it, hence it guess’.

If you want these unimportant streams in your copy then don’t worry because they aren’t detrimental to the main move, which is always cracked (hopefully always, anyway) and i’ve never had any problems run them. With the new spy kids 3d i too get the same warning but copying everything, it all still works.

That’s how i understand it, but if slysoft could confirm/correct, that would be great :iagree:

I understand what your saying, but AnyDVD gives no indication as to which files its guessing keys on. It could be a ‘too small a file’ or the main film?

Does AnyDVD check all streams in advance or on a ‘as needed basis’?

I’ll complete the process (DVDShrink re-authoring/trimming for film only) to a -RW to check out final output for problems.

cheers anyway.

it tells u what keys it’s guessed:

Double click on the fox icon -> css keys -> choose the right film and expand it.

From there you can see if it says “substitute: yes” then it has guessed it.

The main movie on all my logs have not been guessed and cracked successfully.