Anydvd error

vbimport

I am currently using anydvd 1.6.3.3 on my laptop with built in
cdrw/dvd and am running an external nec 1300a via firewire port when I place a dvd in the nec i get the anydvd error unable to read dvd may be dirty or dammaged however if I place the dvd in the laptop dvd it reads fine is this a bug in anydvd that does not allow correct scanning of the dvd wia an external device or is there some setting I am not using ?

Latest AnyDVD is 1.6.3.7; this might help. I am using external DVD Writer with this latest version and have hand zero problems. Sony external -/+ dual formate.

campman

tried 1.6.3.7 as suggested but still comes up with same error
:frowning:

I have tested AnyDVD in 1394 with several DVD burners and didn’t get a problem, this included the NEC 1100 in a Skymaster firewire box. This is the first time I seen a 1394 problem…sorry. If you’re registered, try their tech support.

hmmm strange eject and replace the dvd in the burner after the error comes up and the disc seems to read ok thanks for your help guys much appreciated

As AnyDVD does its ‘thing’, it will grey-out and then colour-up again. It has a little difficulty with non-compliant drives like my Matsushita. An eject and reinsert will fix this issue.

Originally posted by rayw
hmmm strange eject and replace the dvd in the burner after the error comes up and the disc seems to read ok thanks for your help guys much appreciated

This is a known problem with AnyDVD. According to my carribean friends it’ll be fixed in the next release.

thanks ollie look forward to the coming release of this great software appreciate the feedback

just a note to let all know have been trialing anydvd 2004
and this problem has disapeared completly my congarats to
the anydvd team great work