AnyDVD / DVD2one

vbimport

Anyone try it with D2O yet?

http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html

That link is dead…

It’s not dead, really (but I had to try several times for it to resolve).
Try this:
http://213.239.193.73/

edit> One can’t expect technical perfection from Antigua…!

Thanks! It works with DVD2one but it seems real slow transcoding on the fly like this, unless you have a really fast drive to rip with, which I don’t… Under full disk copy the scan is very slow…

Originally posted by jhmac
Thanks! It works with DVD2one but it seems real slow transcoding on the fly like this, unless you have a really fast drive to rip with, which I don’t… Under full disk copy the scan is very slow…

What do you have?
[later I’m going to try from my 105/A05 with the 12x ripping-hacked firmware…]

I tried it with my A04/104, do you know if there is a firmware hack to speed up the ripping with the A04/104?

Originally posted by jhmac
I tried it with my A04/104, do you know if there is a firmware hack to speed up the ripping with the A04/104?

Apparently not–but requests and news for such are best found at:
http://forum.firmware-flash.com/viewforum.php?f=2

How slow is processing with D2O [movie-only?] using AnyDVD and a 104/A04?
Have you the alternative of a fast-ripping dvd-rom?

I just tested AnyDVD with Cold Feet Series 2 Episode 1 length 48 minutes 46 seconds File size 2,426,294,272 bytes using a NEC DV-5800B DVD ROM

Total time to encode with DVD2one was 30.14 using AnyDVD (i.e I encoded straight from the original DVD).

Decryption with DVD Decrypter took 5.42 minutes and encoding the resulting file with DVD2one took 8.24 minutes.

Conclusion: AnyDVD is slow but might be useful if your looking to do backups with minimal user intervention - especially if you have the option to burn with DVD2one. Maybe DVDBot would be a better solution - I haven’t tried it yet.

As for the region code removal I had to reboot each time I wanted to change regions.

Interesting…
Folks are reporting quite varied speed results with direct processing from dvd. Such ranges from just as fast as from ripped files on HD, up to 7 times longer!
Maybe a bug present in some configs, maybe performance is very hardware sensitive…
I’ll report my own experiences shortly.
I hope it can improve to be more than just good for unattended…

Just tried the using my Pioneer 105 instead -(see my previous post for details) only took 15.31 minutes. I’m using the 12x ripping-hacked firmware which also allows x2 burning on x1 discs (been using it for months with no problems). Of course by using my burner to rip I want be able to do unattended backups.

Interestingly my NEC DVD ROM is usually marginally faster than the 105.

System details:

AMD 2800XP, 512MB ram, 120Gb harddisc and Leadtek k7 ncr 18d pro motherboard

Hi,

i tested anydvd with dvd2one and CloneDVD. I think that anydvd is optimized for CloneDVD. AnyDVD is with CloneDVD real fast, with dvd2one very slow.

If you use DVD2One you should use DVDDecrypter at this moment.

AnyDVD is the never released Region Killer Pro, and thus made by Elby. I tried it with DVD2one, but I got ‘Encrypted Data detected’ error message.

Erwin

Did you reboot before trying it out, I forgot the first time and thought it wasn’t working.

Originally posted by evdberg
[B]AnyDVD is the never released Region Killer Pro, and thus made by Elby. I tried it with DVD2one, but I got ‘Encrypted Data detected’ error message.

Erwin [/B]

Quite a few others have used it successfully with D2O. Results are all over the place, though, as far as functioning at all or speed. It seems current AnyDVD is highly selective insofar as hardware or environment…

I did reboot … but I used DVD2one V1.2.2 …

Erwin

122 ???
Am I missing something?
:wink:

at the moment dvd2one is realy slow with anyDVD

here is an example…

Dungions and Dragons 7.9gig

dvd2one with anydvd full movie = 125 minutes without burn

dvd2one with dvd decrypter = 45 minutes with burn

cloneDVD with anydvd = just over 1 hour

as you can see dvd2one and dvddecrypter is the fastest.
coming in 2nd was clonedvd with anydvd (optimized for anydvd hint hint :stuck_out_tongue: and 3rd was a pain

im awaiting a dvd2one update that is optimized for speed.

my liteon dvdrom must have been going very slow
couldnt the optimization lie in the speed of the dvdrom :stuck_out_tongue:

or it could be anydvd isnt fast enough to decode than dvd2one is at transcodeing.

well im puzzled :o :o :o

Wait no longer, 1.2.2 is optimized for speed and available at our website.

Unfortunally it still is amazingly slow with anydvd. Somehow anydvd does something very strange to my drive, the drive constantly spins-up,slows down etc.

Originally posted by ReneB
[B]Wait no longer, 1.2.2 is optimized for speed and available at our website.

Unfortunally it still is amazingly slow with anydvd. Somehow anydvd does something very strange to my drive, the drive constantly spins-up,slows down etc. [/B]

i will let you know soon if its just a glitch on your end with ya dvdrom drive.

stay tuned.

I tryed to transcode a dvd with version 1.2.2. I tryed this with AnyDVD on the fly. But DVD2One said, that there are decrypted data on the disk. This error doesn´t occure in Version 1.2.1. What´s wrong here ??

Sorry for my english.