AnyDVD + DVD Decrypter

Hi all, I just bought AnyDVD to be able to backup my dvd movies and I was wondering what settings I should use in DVD Decrypter to ensure that I have 1:1 backups.

1. I have been told to use Elby CDIO as the I/O model because AnyDVD accesses dvd’s and thus it makes sense to stick with one method of accessing the dvd (no sense in one program accessing with Aspi and same time Elby CDIO).
  2. Under CSS tab, I have “Detect Mastering Errors” checked. Apparently there are some weird movies which have a change in CSS key at some point in the movie (one of the James Bonds, Broken Arrow R2 (1st edition), etc.) This may be slower but ensures that all DVD movies can be copied correctly.

My setting in DD for iso mode are as follows:
File Splitting: Auto
DVD +RW Capacity: File System
All Remove tabs are checked EXCEPT “Remove IFO Structure protection”, I am told that AnyDVD handles all of the structure protections, therefore I left this option unchecked? Also “Remove IFO RCE Protection” removes the region code on the dvd right?

Under the Tools->Drive option, when is it a good idea to ReZero and Synch cache (if ever)?
My drive is the NEC 3540A over USB2.0.
In AnyDVD, when using this drive (which has the newest Liggy and Dee’s RPC 1 firmware), should I still have the emulate RPC1 drive enabled in AnyDVD, will this cause problems?

Should I just leave AnyDVD with the default settings?
Are there any other settings I should have enabled/disabled when using DVD Decrypter, it seems everytime I post about this, I find out new stuff.

The reason I am using DD with AnyDVD is because I am told the layer break is held intact in the ISO read mode with DD. I probably would have purchased CloneDVD if explanations are easy to find on the SlySoft site. Sort of an overview of the product and screen shots of the different options you can set etc…

check out this post for the settings

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=1229938&postcount=26

So just to clarify, AnyDVD does this “Detect Mastering Errors” shit? I know at some point I’ll end up backing up my james bond collection so…just want to make sure.

So I guess these questions are left:
Under the Tools->Drive option, when is it a good idea to ReZero and Synch cache (if ever)?
In AnyDVD, when using this drive (which has the newest Liggy and Dee’s RPC 1 firmware), should I still have the emulate RPC1 drive enabled in AnyDVD, will this cause problems?

Thanks again for your post BJ, clears up a lot of questions!!!

just use anydvd with the default settings, not too sure about the mastering errors Q.

Hi folks,

Now that “DVD decrypter” is no more, what is everyone using for the latest encryptions and releases?

Gulgafrintion

AnyDVD, hope this helps Gulgafrintion

Thanks again Bj.

someone feel up to answering me?

This comes straight from Slysoft.

• Note: To use DVDDecrypter with AnyDVD set I/O Model to SPTI or ElbyCDIO.
    Set CSS Cracking method to none. Disable checking for structure
    protection.

Link here.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=166483

[QUOTE=Mike89;1274594]This comes straight from Slysoft.

Link here.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=166483[/QUOTE]

Is this, along with using IMGBurn to burn, the best way to get 1:1 true backups?

Thanks

[QUOTE=BoSox2882;1981151]Is this, along with using IMGBurn to burn, the best way to get 1:1 true backups?

Thanks[/QUOTE]
it’s a true back up excluding the copy protection :wink: used on DL disc’s

Just a quick question about DVD Devrypter in ISO Read mode. In the log box it goes through and says “found VTS_01” etc. etc. is it supposed to do this? IMGBurn in read mode, simply says reading sectors.

When using AnyDVD, is it better to use DVD Decrypter in ISO Read mode, or IMGBurn in read mode?

Thanks.

[QUOTE=BoSox2882;1982707]Just a quick question about DVD Devrypter in ISO Read mode. In the log box it goes through and says “found VTS_01” etc. etc. is it supposed to do this? IMGBurn in read mode, simply says reading sectors.

When using AnyDVD, is it better to use DVD Decrypter in ISO Read mode, or IMGBurn in read mode?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Can anyone answer these questions? I am not sure if anyone would know for sure, but, if anyone can clear these questions up?

Thanks.

[quote=Jonathan987;1271713]So just to clarify, AnyDVD does this “Detect Mastering Errors” shit? I know at some point I’ll end up backing up my james bond collection so…just want to make sure.

So I guess these questions are left:

Thanks again for your post BJ, clears up a lot of questions!!![/quote]
Just use the deault setting, AnyDVD does nothing to the firmware, it only disables the region protections and copy protections. ( plus prevents rootkits) etc.

Alan your answering to a 2 year old question.

That is my fault, I didn’t realize this was a very old thread and bumped it up.

Sorry.

I realized that after the fact BoB, I am only human, I make mistakes also.:iagree:

yes, I am awaking a dead post!

Do you need to have anydvd running for dvd decrypter to write unprotected isos?

Or does dvd decrypter do that regardless?

[quote=peck1234;2152255]yes, I am awaking a dead post!

Do you need to have anydvd running for dvd decrypter to write unprotected isos?

Or does dvd decrypter do that regardless?[/quote]
If they unprotected then no you not need anydvd