AnyDVD Drive Troubles

I Installed AnyDVD about a week ago and everything was fine but today BOTH my optical drives are not being located in explorer…they are not autoplaying either.

In device manager both have yellow exclamation marks next to them

and both state
"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device."

I have tried uninstalling AnyDVD NUMEROUS times along with uninstallnig THEN reinstalling it…still no luck. I also tried reinstalling the drive but on restart it still doesnt recongize either drive!

I even tired installing a new driver for one of the drives and it said it cannot regonzie the hardware or smoething and it closed…wtf ?

This is very frusterating…as I have had other unresolved troubles with another PC and one of it’s DVD drives

both drives hardware wise are fully funtional…they both are opening and closing fine.

try uninstalling the secondry IDE drivers in device manager and rebooting

if they are opening and closing then your drives are getting power, but have you checked the IDE cables? it’s possible that they got knocked loose either from the back of the drives or from the mobo itself or the cable could be faulty. a new IDE cables costs like $3 to replace so if that’s not the problem at least it’s a cheap fix…

i doubt this is an anydvd problem since you said you installed anydvd a week ago, but the problem didn’t surface until T ODAY.

have you installed or uninstalled naything in the last day? opened your case for any reason?

my money is on it being a problem with the IDE cable if your system isn’t recognizing the hardware at all.