Anydvd drive problem

vbimport

i’m currently having a problem with my anydvd 4.5.7.2. i’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, but keep getting the same problem…

anydvd.exe - no disk
there is no disk in the drive. please insert a disk into drive d:
cancel, try again, continue

it will let me hit continue and i can successfully copy a dvd… but it’s a tad bit annoying to be receiving this message. any ideas on how to fix it?

Reload AnyDVD again from the slysoft website. Also download ENDITALL and run it prior to launching AnyDVD.

what is enditall?

Enditall terminates all programs running in the background. This reduces possible conflict with the DVD backup software.

Sounds like your drive takes too long to read the disk. This being that when you hit continue it continues normally.

I’ve been burning DVDs with all kinds of stuff running in the background like Norton, ad blockers etc. Never really experienced any problems…is it better to terminate all this stuff? How much activity is allowable when copying DVDs? I don’t do anything while CloneDVD is running but the rest of the PC is running stuff like normal.

…I thought Enditall was a pill for people who hate life.

this happens when i put a dvd into the dvd-rom drive… i get an error message from anydvd…

its a brand new computer, so i dont understand how it would be the drive taking too long to read the dvd… i figure maybe its how i installed it? i guess i will just try to reinstall it after using enditall, hopefully that will work. if not, i dont know.

tastycow
Take furballi’s advice and remove AnyDVD from your system and install the latest version. This eliminates the possibility of a bad install. Then either use enditall or in the start-run box type in msconfig.
In msconfig go to startup tab, record what exising progarms you have checked,then click on disable all and reboot. Now there are no programs running that could potentily conflict with your DVD burning and possibly cause problems. Windows needs none of those programs listed to work properly. When done burning go back into msconfig, check the boxes that were originally checked and reboot, your back to normal now. This process serves two purposes, eliminates possible software conflicts and frees up resources for those having lower amounts of memory installed in their computers.

May sound a bit inconvenient, but sure as hell beats coasters and scratching your head for hours as to why something is not working. The enditall program does this without the need to reboot each time, the choices are yours. This may or may not correct your problem, but you must start with the basics.

I downloaded ANYDVD 6.5.7.4 any my system loses my dvd drive. I’ve tried uninstalling then re-installing anydvd but still no dvd drive. How do I get my system to recognized the dvd drive now?

[QUOTE=djmuratori;2424475]I downloaded ANYDVD 6.5.7.4 any my system loses my dvd drive. I’ve tried uninstalling then re-installing anydvd but still no dvd drive. How do I get my system to recognized the dvd drive now?[/QUOTE]

I think you should create your own room. Since you didn’t give much information what you were doing or what the errors are won’t do much to give you help that will fix your problem?? Also you gave no hardware specs…

[QUOTE=djmuratori;2424475]I downloaded ANYDVD 6.5.7.4 any my system loses my dvd drive. I’ve tried uninstalling then re-installing anydvd but still no dvd drive. How do I get my system to recognized the dvd drive now?[/QUOTE]
Hi and Welcome to our forum. Thankyou for using the search function. Now to your problem.
Please let us know the specs of your computer and what type of DVD-RW drives you have. Then we can troubleshoot your problem.:wink:

OK… I have a HP Pavilion dv2700 notebook with a lightscribe CD/DVD RW Recorder drive. I can’t tell you more about the drive because the notebook doesn’t recognize any drive at all…, since downloading ANYDVD software.

Where did you download ANY DVD software from? Did you get a KEY or KEY Code?

I downloaded from Slysoft, it’s just the trial version… free for 21 days.