AnyDVD Copy will not play properly in my DVD Player

I have been copying DVDs for a couple of months using DVD43 and Roxio Easy DVD Copy. Yesterday I decided to try AnyDVD on a trial basis to copy a DVD I purchased In England which is the wrong Region Code in Canada.
The copy was succussful(I think) as it plays fine on my PC.
However when I try to play in my DVD PLayer the audio is fine but the video jumps around. It looks like a horizontal hold problem from bygone days with a black line constantly flipping across the tv screen.(top to botton) Oher DVDs play fine.
Maybe I need to try the Clone DVD software with AnyDVD and hope for a better result.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Thanks

I’m not sure what is making me think this, but maybe it is a pal/ntsc settings problem. Does anydvd have any settings concerning that?

Not that I can see, but I will look further. Thanks for the suggestion

i think your right ripit, anydvd doesn’t have any setting for pal/ntsc, but i believe DVDSanta can do it for you, from what i’ve read on these forums, but i’ve never used it. anydvd will remove the region code to sort out that barrier.

no. you bought a pal dvd and are playing it in an ntsc player and you’re blaming anydvd because it doesn’t work?

it’s a totally different format dude.

you need to look into buying a multi-format dvd player or converting the video that you have.

I don’t know anything about converting because I only buy from regions that use NTSC format but some people have reported success with DVD Santa. I’m not sure if there’s any better software out there as I don’t have a use for it, but from what I’v eseen it does the job.

SOunds very logical, thanks for the good advice. I’ll try DVDSanta