Anydvd/Clonedvd Help!

Yet another newbie with a few daft questions!
I am totally new to cloning dvds so forgive my obvious ignorance. After a few attempts, I am now postin these simple questions:
I want to clone mostly copy-protected dvds onto my HDD before going abroad.

1. Am I right in thinking that if I run Anydvd and then Clonedvd I will be able to do that?
  2. What do I need to save and where - e.g. do I need to save ISO/UDF files and DVD files together or what e.g. in My Videos folder?
  3. Of the three methods on the interface I need only to use the top one as I don’t want trailers etc. but when this process has finished do I need to run the bottom option?
  4. If these programs are not the correct ones - what can I use?
    Thanks for any answers. Sorry to ask dumb questions! :confused:
  1. Yes, with running anydvd in the background it will do this.
  2. Depends on what you’d like directly to burn to disc or create a video_ts folder to burn with another program or just as a ISO Image. You can save the files normally in one of your folders.
    3.When the process finished then not, in case you’d like to copy something again then yes.
  3. These are totally correct!

Thanks Rapid Fire. Now I’ve got an .iso file in a folder how do I play it / record it to my HDD or what’s the next step?

You can use blank dvd media to burn it.

I want to keep it on HD and play it.

You can mount the image using deamon tools or virtual clonedrive both are free programs.

As an alternative . . .
You could output the dvd movie as files to your hard disc. CloneDVD2 will create a video_ts folder under whatever folder you choose. Then you could use any number of dvd player programs to play the movie (WinDVD, PowerDVD, etc.) by pointing it to the video_ts folder as the source.

Which i would personally prefer too.

Thanks guys. I wanted to do just what you suggested - works a treat. Why is the audio_ts folder empty? Do I need it or can I delete it?

it will be empty 99.9% of the time, but i’d leave it. some programs require it to be there for the disc to read as a properly formatted/mastered dvd. i think this has more to do with backup to disc than playback from the hard drive, but I wouldn’t touch it.

OK - fine by me. I bow to superior knowledge. Thanks.