AnyDVD causes Unable to read error?

vbimport

I am using the latest CloneDVD2, and AnyDVD 4.5.6.2. when I try to back up a DVD, I always get a Unable to Read error… the file is corrupted or not readable, etc. However, if I go to anydvd and switch the safemode either on or off, the problem goes away. It does this any time I remove and put a new dvd in the reader, even on series disks. It occurs when I get to the title config screen and try to select the files. So, I open anydvd and switch safemode either on or off every time (Disk #1 on, disk #2 off, disk #3 on, etc.)

any ideas??

You can try 4.5.7.1 beta.

Yes, please do this. 4.5.7.1 fixes a serious problem, which can cause strange errors.

I have upgraded to 4.5.7.1, but still have the same problem, just not as regularly… I may do 3 dvds and it works fine, then the next 3 I have to alternate again, then it works fine again… very odd.

i too have the same problem. i installed two different versions 4.5.5.1 and 4.5.6.2 and the very same happens with both. i revert back to 3.6.1.1 and all is fine. i use clone dvd 2.7.1.1. any ideas why i cannot use the later versions?