Anydvd blacklisted....?

There is a new italian movie “Ti amo in tutte le lingue del mondo” with a new protection. On the dvd there are besides the usual audio_ts and video_ts there are five others: autorun.inf, bonus.exe, bonus.ini, start.exe and startup.exe, if anydvd is activated in the autorun.inf you can read:
[AnyDVD!]

open=Start.exe
if is not activated:
[autorun]

open=Start.exe
If anydvd is activated clonedvd gives an error at the very beginning and also the ripping to hard disk is impossible.
I was able to rip it with dvdfab decrypeter 2.9.7.6

dvd discs containing autoruns can be very dangerous, because can install crappy things on your computer. I suggest you to disable autorun for all your optical drives.

I’m not sure, but this should also solve your problem.

Anydvd has a feature to remove auto run. Your problem is probably that you just selected the dvd folder instead of going dvd --> video_ts

I have autorun disabled, and selecting dvd, video_ts gives me the same error, as I said the protection detects anydvd is running and block it

have you go the latest version?

yes, of course 5.9.5.6

This is the first…To my knowlege there is no such thing.

in anydvd can you copy the info and paste it here?

It is AnyDVD which does this, to prevent evil software to run from your DVD. Cool, eh? :wink:

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 5.9.5.6)
Drive (Hardware) Region: 2

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2084960 sectors (4072 MBytes)
Total size: 4169920 sectors (8144 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: DVDVolume
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: PAL
Media is locked to region(s): 2!

RCE protection not found.
Found & removed wrong DVD structure!
Changed firstplay: Jump directly to TitleMenu!
Found & removed structural copy protection (Arccos, Puppetlock)!
Found & removed ALPHA-DVD copy protection!
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
Found & removed invalid program from program chain!
Found & removed Autorun from Video DVD!
Found & removed 3 bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 2!

These two messages should not be displayed together. Please send .IFO files for examination. Thank you!

I have just sent You the .ifo files.
I hope a new version will be released soon. Happy Easter!

Thank you, I have received the IFO files for “Ti amo in tutte le lingue del mondo”.
However, the IFO files I received do not trigger these messages:

Are you sure that you have sent the correct IFOs? Are you sure that you have copied the files BY HAND (do not use any tools!) with AnyDVD disabled?

If you think that it has a new protection then send the IFO files ( in the video_ts folder) to Slysoft, with the info of the movie.

Are you sure that you have sent the correct IFOs? Are you sure that you have copied the files BY HAND (do not use any tools!) with AnyDVD disabled?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I followed Olli’s hints taken from an other post in this forum:

1.) DISABLE AnyDVD (little fox on the taskbar should be grey).
2.) Navigate to the VIDEO_TS folder of the DVD.
3.) Copy all files ending with .IFO to your harddisk. ONLY those with .IFO, not the big .VOB files!
4.) ENABLE AnyDVD again (just in case, so you don’t forget it)
5.) ZIP the .IFO files to one file. Name it with a cool filename (e.g., Little_Black_Book_UK.zip)
6.) Write a an email to support(at)slysoft.com (replace (at) with @). Name your problem, try to identify the disc (e.g, Little Black Book, R2, UK), the UPC number if possible (below the barcode on the package). The information output of AnyDVD can be helpful as well.
7.) They like if you include the AnyDVD version and your AnyDVD serial number in this mail. You find this information in the Settings Window -> About.
8.) Attach ZIP file with the IFOs and send it.

While not a DVD, I had a CD game (Original Disk, of course) that would not run if Alcohol or Blindwrite was installed on my PC so I can see movie companies doing the same :slight_smile:

The difference with a movie and a game is that to play a movie you do not need to run any executable that came with the DVD. Just have AnyDVD turn off [autorun] and you should be in good shape.

But you need anydvd active to break protection…

but anydvd does not remove game protection. I’m pretty sure the response that you quoted was in reference to the poster that was quoted in that response…

I was speaking about the movie not the game, of course