AnyDVD Blacklist

Hi I’m just wondering is there anyway of stopping AnyDVDfrom being blacklisted by various games like Heroes of the Pacific, I know it’s just a matter of closing AnyDVD before I play the games but it would be nice if I didn’t have to bother

Thanks
Stu

@ PimpDaddyStu

Could you be more descriptive on exactly what you are referring to by a game blacklisting the AnyDVD software program. I am totally unaware as to what you are referring to.

Best Regards,
bjkg

New versions of certain copy protections prevent the game from running if AnyDVD is running. Or Daemon Tools. Or Alcohol… et cetera.

AnyDVD seems to blacklisted “by accident”. The AnyDVD driver seems to be suspicious, but AnyDVD does not bypass copy protections from games.
For example, the newest patch for F.E.A.R. repairs such problems.

If a game doesn’t work with AnyDVD, inform the publisher. Yes, it does help.

Yeah I didn’t think there was a reason for it to be blacklisted, I can undestand progs like Daemon Tools getting blacklisted but AnyDVD isn’t any use for playing copy protected games… I’ll try emailing a few companies and see what they say… is it just SecureRom7 games that blacklist AnyDVD?

Why you would want to leave AnyDVD running all the time anyway? I just leave mine set to not auto start so it’s off all the time. I only turn it on when I’m going to burn something.

Why would you not want to leave it running all the time? It protects you from SONY DRM crap, it protects you from PC-Friendly crap, it protects your drives from changing into PIO mode, it improves the diskchange, it is essential if you want to watch DVDs, play Audio CDs, …
AnyDVD even fixes the famous “Microsoft CDFS Bug” when changing discs having the same label.

yeah ever since I found AnyDVD I’ve always had it running :slight_smile:

Hmm. I’ve never thought of it that way. I think I’ll turn it on! :slight_smile:

Just turn off autorun in your windows registry:

Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdrom.

Double-click the Autorun value, and type 0 for its value.

It will not take effect until you log on again.

This works for both Windows XP and Windows 2000.

Why would you want to this?

It will stop Autorun, which is what initializes both PC Friendly and Sony BMG. There is no reason to have autorun on.

This completely disables AutoInsert Notification. You are right, this disables both PC Friendly and Sony BMG. But it has a lot of undesired side effects. AnyDVD does this far more elegant, and ONLY for Video DVDs and Audio CDs. For example, if you insert a Video with PC-Friendly “on board”, you will still get your automatic action which you have defined for Video DVDs, e.g. your preferred DVD player software starts up. Or if you insert an AudioCD with Sony Rootkit your preferred action for AudioCDs will be executed (CDDA Audio Player software starts).

To the best of my knowledge, autorun and the preferred play have nothing to do with each other. I have yet to insert a CD or DVD under Windows XP though, so I am not sure if that option still comes up.

I am pretty sure that the preferred play thing will still pop up if you disable autorun. I can give it a try a bit later when I go into Windows XP.

Also, another option would be to hold down the “shift” key when inserting a CD or DVD. This will temporarily disable autorun.