7.2.0.0 2013 05 18

• New (Blu-ray): Support for new discs
  • New (DVD): Support for new discs
  • New: Added AnyDVD settings to log
  • New: Hide user logon name from log
  • Updated languages

Update will require a reboot.

http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html

I tried both copying the entire DVD and deselecting certain segments. Both attempts failed and the disk is new/pristine. Shows as a read error, as if the DVD is dirty. Here’s the message generated:

Processing Error
E:/Video_TS/VTS_01_1.V0B: read error

The system cannot read from the specified device.

Details
E:/Video_TS/VTS_01_1.V0B 30 TCSectorReader

What was the Title of the disc and region ?

[QUOTE=Quema34;2688246]I tried both copying the entire DVD and deselecting certain segments. Both attempts failed and the disk is new/pristine. Shows as a read error, as if the DVD is dirty. Here’s the message generated:

Processing Error

Details
E:/Video_TS/VTS_01_1.V0B 30 TCSectorReader[/QUOTE]

Can you right click on Fox head and create a log file and upload it to the forum?

[QUOTE=Quema34;2688246]I tried both copying the entire DVD and deselecting certain segments. Both attempts failed and the disk is new/pristine. Shows as a read error, as if the DVD is dirty. Here’s the message generated:

Processing Error

Details
E:/Video_TS/VTS_01_1.V0B 30 TCSectorReader[/QUOTE]

Just a reminder it only “Rips to Image” or Rip Video to harddrisk. Not sure what program your using to copy the dvd since you didn’t mention what program it was.

Geez…how many are reading? Title of DVD was clearly stated in title of my reply:

The Last Stand, R1, US.

The program is obviously AnyDVD to be in this thread. Only other program is the one paired with it, CloneDVD2. But the problem is obviously AnyDVD cannot decrypt this DVD yet.

Will start again and generate the log file. Thanks Alan. Will have that in a separate post.

Well, I stand corrected. I tried decrypting in my Acer 5560-7414 laptop with a Panasonic DVD drive and it decrypted without a hitch in 26’ 19" (no riplock). All I can figure is maybe it did not do so in my tower unit (although I rebooted after 7200 update like with the laptop) because somehow it had trouble with the riplock-disabled Liteon drive in it that I normally use.

Successful logfile zip attached. Successful rip to ISO, using “Clone DVD” on CloneDVD2. Will try to re-rip doing "copy DVD titles on CloneDVD and see if that somehow hamstrings the process.

Hm…cannot attach, since logfile is 201.+ KB and forum limit for zip attachment is 195.3 KB.

[QUOTE=Quema34;2688288]Well, I stand corrected. I tried decrypting in my Acer 5560-7414 laptop with a Panasonic DVD drive and it decrypted without a hitch in 26’ 19" (no riplock). All I can figure is maybe it did not do so in my tower unit (although I rebooted after 7200 update like with the laptop) because somehow it had trouble with the riplock-disabled Liteon drive in it that I normally use.

Successful logfile zip attached. Successful rip to ISO, using “Clone DVD” on CloneDVD2. Will try to re-rip doing "copy DVD titles on CloneDVD and see if that somehow hamstrings the process.

Hm…cannot attach, since logfile is 201.+ KB and forum limit for zip attachment is 195.3 KB.[/QUOTE]
I need to see the .log file before I can say what the problem is. I think you can upload it on the Slysoft forum and James will look through it for anything out of order.

@Alan–this posted to Slysoft’s forum, AnyDVD, “problems with 7200” thread with logfile.

[QUOTE=Quema34;2688291]@Alan–this posted to Slysoft’s forum, AnyDVD, “problems with 7200” thread with logfile.[/QUOTE]
I know they just PMd me. They really appreciate log files as there are many different versions, even in the same region. The rented version is different than the for sale version etc. Different protections also, I think. Could be you may have stumbled upon something that needs to be updated, we will see.:wink: Thanks for your patience. EDIT , I think James has a fix for you or something to try. Please let me know.:wink:

Thanks for the reply. The log files should prove interesting since reading went fine on the laptop but not on the tower unit.

[QUOTE=Quema34;2688308]Thanks for the reply. The log files should prove interesting since reading went fine on the laptop but not on the tower unit.[/QUOTE]
James said to set the region code on your drive I believe and put every setting back to default ( I think). LOL Glad to have helped you.:wink:

He did and the copy was flawless. I’ll have the log file for the successful decryption posted as soon as the tower gets through doing some scans. It’s still odd, since I changed little (I only changed the transparency color of the subtitles), so it was almost straight default.

Thanks again. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Quema34;2688311]He did and the copy was flawless. I’ll have the log file for the successful decryption posted as soon as the tower gets through doing some scans. It’s still odd, since I changed little (I only changed the transparency color of the subtitles), so it was almost straight default.

Thanks again. :)[/QUOTE] You see what happens when we work as a team. LOL. I am really happy it is sorted, please says thanks to James also, he did the work.:wink:

oh yeah, sure did. Posted the logfile of the successful decryption too.

A friend of mine that has a 7220 and the latest Any Dvd could not get it to “rip to HD” or even play in his puter. He also couldn’t get USS Seaviper to rip either, but it would play on his computer. He asked me to see if I could do them. So first thing I did was to update my Any Dvd and put them in my Pioneer 117 and they ripped to the hard drive just fine. Oh and his 7220 has not had anything changed on it.

[QUOTE=G_Ivan Awfulitch;2688369]A friend of mine that has a 7220 and the latest Any Dvd could not get it to “rip to HD” or even play in his puter. He also couldn’t get USS Seaviper to rip either, but it would play on his computer. He asked me to see if I could do them. So first thing I did was to update my Any Dvd and put them in my Pioneer 117 and they ripped to the hard drive just fine. Oh and his 7220 has not had anything changed on it.[/QUOTE]
Hi G_Ivan Awfulitch, I follow this product closely. With what you have told me it has to be a drive issue not an AnyDVD issue, that said, its good to have this information in case someone else with the 7220 has the same problem, do you know what firmware is on the optical drive?

Alan I don’t have any idea, but I’m sure it has whatever it came with. I have 7 drives in or on my burning computer. for the fact that certain drives are better for different purposes. I had a old BTC in my work horse Compaq that was a horrid burner but would read any DVD even some of the old dvds that had paper labels on them even some old Starlogic 2x -rs that had labels on them even the ones my current drives wouldn’t read at all. I’m thinking of finding it and pulling that drive and putting it in a usb box, if the rubber band in it is still good.