AnyDVD & AnyDVD HD 6.1.2.3

vbimport

6.1.2.3 2007 02 15

• New: Added HD DVD and AACS support.
    (Registered users need an upgrade key for HD DVD & AACS support)
  • New: Added support for new versions of the SONY Arccos protection
    to the option to remove “Protection based on unreadable Sectors”
  • New: Added AnyDVD HD Ripper
  • Fix: Problem with multi-angle titles and Sony Arccos protection
  • Some minor fixes and improvements
  • Updated languages

Download

What movies will bullet point 2 above in bold help with??

Good question, that is too vague. But I remember James saying somewhere that they don’t tell you that anymore for some reason.

Because when he mentions specific titles, some people tend to not upgrade because it’s not a title they’re worried about backing up. But the overall strategy for dealing with a particular protection gets updated, so, even if it’s to fix one title, it’s possible it’ll fix others that aren’t listed.

Those with multi angles? :bigsmile:

This beta thread should help.
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1279

AnyDVD HD 6.1.2.0 beta

This version fixes a bug which prevents OpenSeason R2 (UK & Netherlands) to rip correctly. As always, there are many other small fixes and improvements.
Additionally, it supports decrypting and “on the fly remastering” of HD DVD discs:

6.1.2.0 2007 02 12

• New: Added support for new versions of the SONY Arccos protection
    to the option to remove “Protection based on unreadable Sectors”
  • New: Added HD DVD and AACS support.
    (Registered users need an upgrade key, currently only available to
    registered beta testers)
  • Fix: Problem with multi-angle titles and Sony Arccos protection
  • Some minor fixes and improvements

Might sound out of the blue but what about those that recently just bought Anydvd when they came out with the HD feature? Will that key activiate AnyDVD HD?

Yes, but not the HD features. You can buy two different AnyDVD products:
http://www.slysoft.com

Ok I found the posting and read it now its more clear now…its just looks confusing when you see it though mentioned in the history list on slysoft.

So how much does it cost to upgrade to the HD version from the standard version?

30 USD. Just go to the slysoft page and choose the anydvd->anydvd hd upgrade button and you’re good to go.

$25 USD if you use Valentine code i believe it still is and it’s good till the 18th :wink: I’m thinking about doing it myself.

Incorrect. The code will not work on upgrades.

ahh man that blows :sad: I’m still going to buy it :rolleyes:Might come in handy some day.

James said something about it being an incentive. I’m not fully sure what he meant, but, in any case, I’m sure the code doesn’t work on the upgrade.

How do you like it so far? Have you got your drive yet?

Yes indeed…just got it tonight. So far I have King Kong(came with the drive), Last Samurai(GRIN), and Batman Begins which I’m watching right now. AnyDVD HD works flawlessly on all these titles. HD-DVD is a remarkable technology that I underestimated. I truly hope it wins out over BluRay. I’ll be buying all my movies HD from now on if they’re available. The difference is far greater than I thought it’d be.

I didn’t think HD-DVD’s would make that much difference but i will definitely take your word for it :slight_smile: I really hope Blu-ray will die. I’d use it maybe for storage.

That seems to be the concensus on BluRay with the people I’ve talked to about it. Storage = good, movies = DIE. :slight_smile: As for the quality, I’m TRULY impressed. Right now I only have an LCD monitor to view it on, so, I’ve not even seen the FULL effect in my house yet. I have seen what it looks like on an 8000 dollar 1080p plasma screen though. HOLY ****!!! :smiley: What amazes me is how smooth it is and how deep the black levels are compared to DVD. There’s just no comparison. VC1 is most definitely an impressive codec. I am quite amazed with the technology.

Take his word for it Rolling56, it works, I bought it and it works, its really unbeliveable. Worth every dime.:clap: