Anydvd and sandisk cruzer micro

vbimport

I was wondering why anydvd affects my usb thumbdrive it’s a sandisk cruzer micro 1GB and when I have anydvd running in the backround it doesnt let the cruzer run the software on it. Like I have U3 software on the thumbdrive that auto lauches when I insert the thumbdrive but if i have anydvd running it crashes the thumbdrive and I have to completely reinstall the U3 software on it. I currently have anydvd v6.1.0.2 and rund windows XP home oem emachines version. and 1 GB ram. :confused:

Where do you find U3 software?

For your problem try holding Shift Key down when you plug it in.

It’s probably a driver conflict. However, I do not have this problem with my Cruzer Micro w/U3 software and AnyDvd Setup.

@Rolling56: U3 software is the file/program management software that some Sandisk USB drives use, it’s factory installed. You may be able to download it at sandisk.com.

This is a known problem, the SanDisk Cruzer U3 stick emulates a CD-ROM drive, but does it quite badly. As a result AnyDVD assumes it is an AudioCD instead of a Data CD. Next AnyDVD version (6.1.0.5 or better) will have a workaround.

Thanks as it is effecting the PNY U3 as well.

Please try this beta version, let me know if it solves your problem:

http://sandbox.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD6105.exe

6.1.0.5 2007 01 11

• New: Added support for new versions of the SONY Arccos protection
    (e.g., Saw 3) to the option to remove “Protection based on unreadable
    Sectors”
  • New: Improved “Jump to title menu” with some discs containing
    TV episodes
  • New: Workaround for bug in I/O subsystem of Windows Vista,
    which can cause BSOD with copy protected DVDs
  • New: Workaround for problem with U3 USB memory sticks

Please post the AnyDVD status window showing the PNY U3 stick inserted.

Summary for drive M: (AnyDVD 6.1.0.5)
USB FLASH MEMORY 6.50
Drive (Hardware) Region: free

Media is a Data CD.
Total size: 8463 sectors (16 MBytes)

Yes the beta allowed the software to load. I had it unticked in the released version but it still was freaking out when I put it in. No biggie as I just stopped anydvd to use the drive. I did receive an error saying I need to close a program before it could eject the drive figuratively speaking So this may be another issue? I can post the error if you need to see it. And nothing was opened from using the drive just popped it in to see if this fixed it.

Reason i asked when i got my Sandisk Cruiser 1G on Black Friday it came with U3 and i got rid of U3 as quick as i could. Now with people having problems with it i was looking around to see if i can put it back on. Thanks they do have it at Sandisk.com and it worked :wink:

Works fine here James. I’ve unpluged and pluged it in several times. I [B]have not[/B] rebooted since installing 6.1.0.5. Will reboot later and try it.

Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD 6.1.0.5)
SANDISK U3 CRUZER MICRO 2.18
Drive (Hardware) Region: free

Media is a Data CD.
Total size: 3072 sectors (6 MBytes)

Edit: Works fine after rebooting no problems. U3 launches fine.

James I was unable to navigate my PC to it froze.

I had to manually power off the PC.

Please try this version:
http://sandbox.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD6106.exe

AnyDVD will completely disable all access to the stick as soon as it detects, that it is not a “real” CD or DVD.

I hope this finally solves the problem.

This allowed the eject feature but for some reason it didn’t remove it from the taskbar??? no errors though, and isn’t showing in the running processes either.

I don’t believe this “taskbar problem” is related to AnyDVD.
If you don’t object, for me this case is closed.

James:
U3 will not load with 6.1.0.6 when inserting thumb drive. Works for me.

@James:
One thing i did notice. In the Status and Drive > Selection shows my serial number for one of my drives now using 6.1.0.6. It did not do that before.

Ok here goes , I used the version you said v6.1.0.6 beta, I can’t seem to get it to do anything until I disable anydvd then U3 loads without a problem. I gues I will just disable it from now on when I want to use my U3. Or until there is a good solution thankyou for trying.

Ok nI have restarted since and everything is working as it should, I can plug in my U3 sandisk and it lauches without a problem and when I eject , no problems either. Thankyou james…I honestly didnt expect such a quick response from here for this nor did I think slysoft themselves would be the ones solving it thanks again…

Quick responses and good service and a great program, what more can one ask? Good work James.:clap:

If you are having this issue then it isn’t anydvd, I thought it was with my issue too on the ejecting ordeal, I did a clean install and with or without anydvd running it works properly.