AnyDVD and media issues after registering it

vbimport

I was introduced to AnyDVD and CloneDVD by a friend of mine. When I first got the software, it was the trial version and I wasn’t ready to buy it just yet. I wanted to see how well it burned DVD’s.

It burned them great.

Then I registered AnyDVD and CloneDVD. This is where the fun began.

It stopped burning DVD’s because of a read/write error. I thought it was a coincidence because it was the first DVD I burned after registering AnyDVD. I told my friend about it. He said to upgrade the DVD burner’s firmware, which I did.

That didn’t fix the problem.

I checked the forum and found that maybe it was the CD’s that might be a fault because of a dye on them. I bought DVD’s from a different manufacturer.

Then I figured that the version of AnyDVD and CloneDVD I got from my friend were not the latest version, so I downloaded the latest version and put applied the keys to them.

Then I thought it was a problem with the registry, so I restored my computer to a time before I installed AnyDVD and CloneDVD and this time, I installed the trial versions I downloaded from the Internet. This time I applied the key to CloneDVD, but not AnyDVD (like it was before when it was burning DVD’s).

That FIXED the problem.

Apparently, registering the trial version of AnyDVD is doing something to the way CloneDVD is able to read blank DVD’s??

Does this make sense to anyone??

Is there a fix for this?

Tazman

I was wondering if you will try something for me?

With Anydvd NOT registered, make a back-up. Then input the AnyDVD info to register it. Do not turn on Anydvd and then try and back-up the back-up and tell us what happens…

I will try that. I haven’t registered AnyDVD yet, but after entering my original post, it gave me the same media message on a different DVD. When I took the blank DVD out and put in a second one, it copied fine. Now I’m believing it’s a dye issue.

Are there any DVD manufacturers still out there that don’t dye their blank DVD’s? Otherwise I’ll have to go buy the cheapest blank DVD’s on the market so it’s not so bad wasting every other blank DVD I use.

@ TazManInAz,

Could you explain exactly what you mean by the following statement in your previous posting?

“Are there any DVD manufacturers still out there that don’t dye their blank DVD’s?”

All recordable DVD media manufactures use dyes on the DVD media. The dye is what the DVD Burner laser burns to record the data onto the DVD. Some manufactures use cheap inexpensive dyes when they make their DVD media. The more reputable manufactures use more expensive dyes and better quality control when they manufacture their DVD media.

Also what do mean by the following statement -

“Otherwise I’ll have to go buy the cheapest blank DVD’s on the market so it’s not so bad wasting every other blank DVD I use.”

I believe you do not fully understand that you need to avoid using cheap inferior DVD media. It is the cheap inferior DVD media that is causing you your problems. You need to use top of the line quality DVD media and your problems will be alleviated.

Suggest visiting the Video Help DVD Media List located at http://www.videohelp.com/dvdmedia to find out the quality of DVD media. Also suggest visiting the CD Freaks DVD Recorder Forum http://club.cdfreaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61 for your particular DVD Burner and see which DVD media other Forum members recommend for your DVD Burner.

Best Regards,
bjkg