Originally posted by frankp
[B]1) Would like to know if macrovision is present in commercial DVD's.
2) If so where is or how does it show up.
3) I have edited many VOB files and never came across any restrictions.
4) How can AnyDVD help with macrovision of a VHS tape
captured to computer harddrive as a AVI file. This file needs to be authored then burnt back to DVD.
5) Will AnyDVD monitor files captured as it monitors DVD drives.
6) But now thinking of converting VHS tape library over to DVD. [/B]
1) Commercial: no. Consumer: yes
2) It screws up recording from the DVD onto VHS/Beta and digital tape/hard drives.
3) Because they're commercial titles? No commercial software I know of has Macrovision protection. This is for movie DVDs in the main.
4) It doesn't. It works on DVDs in DVD drives, physical or virtual.
5) Dunno what you mean but the answer is no.
6) Good. Perfect for it. AnyDVD is free lifetime upgrades, well worthn the money. For the purposes of backing up orginal DVDs to DVD recordable, the presence of Macrovision protection is meaningless. In other scenarios it does mean something and must be anticipated