Anydvd and clonedvd handlers

some will say this is not worth the time just start the programs as they are but I like it so I will share it.

I do not like to have extra programs running at start up so I do not start anydvd or clonedvd when I start the computer.
I also do not like autoplay of dvds, so I have the drives autoplay always do this action unchecked.
The four things that I do with Dvds is playthem with powerdvd, use anydvd to copy to hard drive, use clonedvd to make a copy, or used anydvd
and clonedvd to make a copy. I wanted these to be listed in the what do you want windows to do window when I insert a dvd.
Here is how I got them there.

THIS WAS FOR XP

I WOULD NOT TRY THIS YOURSELF UNLESS YOU UNDERSTAND HOW TO ADD TO THE REGISTRY AS I DID

1A: I made a autobat file anyclone.bat to use to start anydvd and clonedvd at the same time and saved it in the following location.
C:\Program Files\ElaborateBytes\CloneDVD2

Here is a copy of bat file you can copy to notepad and then save it to the location above as anyclone.bat

@echo off
start “” “C:\Program Files\SlySoft\AnyDVD\AnyDVD.exe”
CALL WAIT 10
start “” “C:\Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\CloneDVD2\CloneDVD2.exe”

2A: I then made the following reg files and ran them. you can copy everYthing under the title for each reg file to notepad
and them save them as reg files. I saved them as 1.reg for anydvd , 2.reg for clonedvd, 3.reg for any&clonedvd
and all.reg to input the handlers for all Three.

1.reg

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoplayHandlers\Handlers\SlysoftAutoplay_AnyDVD]
“Action”=“Open with AnyDVD”
“Provider”=“AnyDVD”
“InvokeProgID”=“SlysoftAutoplay”
“InvokeVerb”=“SlysoftAutoplay_AnyDVD”
“DefaultIcon”=“C:\Program Files\SlySoft\AnyDVD\AnyDVD.exe,0”

2.reg

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoplayHandlers\Handlers\SlysoftAutoplay_CloneDVD]
“Action”=“CloneDVD”
“Provider”=“CloneDVD”
“InvokeVerb”=“SlysoftAutoplay_CloneDVD”
“DefaultIcon”=“C:\Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\CloneDVD2\CloneDVD2.exe,0”

3.reg

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoplayHandlers\Handlers\SlysoftAutoplay_CloneDVD&AnyDVD]
“Action”=“CloneDVD&anyDVD”
“Provider”=“anyclone”
“InvokeVerb”=“SlysoftAutoplay_CloneDVD&AnyDVD”
“DefaultIcon”=“C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHELL32.DLL,0”

all.reg

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SlysoftAutoplay]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SlysoftAutoplay\shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SlysoftAutoplay\shell\SlysoftAutoplay_AnyDVD]
@=“Open with AnyDVD”

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SlysoftAutoplay\shell\SlysoftAutoplay_AnyDVD\command]
@="“C:\Program Files\SlySoft\AnyDVD\AnyDVD.exe” “%L”"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SlysoftAutoplay\shell\SlysoftAutoplay_CloneDVD]
@=“CloneDVD”

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\slysoftAutoplay\shell\SlysoftAutoplay_CloneDVD\command]
@="“C:\Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\CloneDVD2\CloneDVD2.exe”"%L"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SlysoftAutoplay\shell\SlysoftAutoplay_CloneDVD&AnyDVD]
@=“CloneDVD&anyDVD”

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SlysoftAutoplay\shell\SlysoftAutoplay_CloneDVD&AnyDVD\command]
@="“C:\Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\CloneDVD2\anyclone.bat” “%L”"

3A: I then went to the following location in the registry and added these string values by right clicking
on the PlayDVDMovieOnArrival pick new then string and label it

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoplayHandlers\EventHandlers\PlayDVDMovieOnArrival

strings added

SlysoftAutoplay_AnyDVD

SlysoftAutoplay_CloneDVD&AnyDVD

SlysoftAutoplay_CloneDVD

I also removed all other strings but these and the one for powerdvd that I use to watch movies but others might
not want to do this. I also went to the 3.reg location above and changed the icon location to one I made.