vbimport

7.0.6.0 2012 07 30

• New (Blu-ray): Updated decryption keys
  • New (Blu-ray): Support for new BD+ protection
  • New (Blu-ray): Another workaround for broken drive firmware
  • Fix: Possible crash in AnyDVD ripper
  • Some minor fixes and improvements
  • Updated languages

The update is free for all registered customers, of course.
Just install the new version on top of your current version,
regardless which version you have installed:
http://www.slysoft.com/download.html

Great stuff Alan, thanks! :flower:

[B]Wombler[/B]

Thanks Alan

cool now have hardware issues with it finding my BD burner after Bios update and whatever updates happened along the line…what a drag…but Anydvd HD works with temper…

Where do I post a possible problem with this release? Sorry, I’m new to the forum.

Anyway, in case this is the correct place, might as well put the information here. I had a problem with my dvd drive after installing anydvd. the hardware maker (LG BH12LS35) told me to check out this Microsoft Knowledge base article (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982116) since my dvd drive wasn’t recognizing any dvds in it. I deleted the two reg keys as indicated and the drive now works. However, AnyDVD now doesn’t work. It says that AnyDVD is disabled on my D and E drives (i have two DVD drives). I could, of course, put the reg keys back, since I backed them up, but that would create the other problem. Can someone help me with this or should I post this elsewhere?

I tried unselecting the drive in settings in anydvd, then selecting them again and restarting AnyDVD, but that didn’t work. They are both disabled.

Thanks.
Jim

[QUOTE=jschwar313;2647748]Where do I post a possible problem with this release? Sorry, I’m new to the forum.

Anyway, in case this is the correct place, might as well put the information here. I had a problem with my dvd drive after installing anydvd. the hardware maker (LG BH12LS35) told me to check out this Microsoft Knowledge base article (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982116) since my dvd drive wasn’t recognizing any dvds in it. I deleted the two reg keys as indicated and the drive now works. However, AnyDVD now doesn’t work. It says that AnyDVD is disabled on my D and E drives (i have two DVD drives). I could, of course, put the reg keys back, since I backed them up, but that would create the other problem. Can someone help me with this or should I post this elsewhere?

I tried unselecting the drive in settings in anydvd, then selecting them again and restarting AnyDVD, but that didn’t work. They are both disabled.

Thanks.
Jim[/QUOTE]

Hi Jim and welcome to the forums. :flower:

I don’t have AnyDVD myself but it sounds like whatever changes you’ve made have also affected AnyDVD.

So the first thing I’d try would be completely uninstalling AnyDVD then reinstalling.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2647790]Hi Jim and welcome to the forums. :flower:

I don’t have AnyDVD myself but it sounds like whatever changes you’ve made have also affected AnyDVD.

So the first thing I’d try would be completely uninstalling AnyDVD then reinstalling.
[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

Yea, I have reinstalled AnyDVD HD. It now works with my dvd drive, but Itunes is telling me it has to be reinstalled. I’ll have to try that sometime. Weird. Sounds like Itunes, AnyDVD and my LG DVD RW drive all access that part of the registry and the AnyDVD install messed it up somehow.

Glad to hear you’re at least partly sorted Jim.

Any manual changes to the registry can potentially affect other software and it’s impossible for the software to allow for certain changes made after installation.

At least a reinstall corrects any problems.

iTunes is a law unto itself at times in any case. :slight_smile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=jschwar313;2647965] Sounds like Itunes.[/QUOTE]

This sounds more like the problem…a DRM riddled Itunes is the cause since Apple is DRM with their own custom music tunes prevents you from doing anything else in my mind is a recipe for disasters.

[QUOTE=jschwar313;2647965]Yea, I have reinstalled AnyDVD HD. It now works with my dvd drive, but Itunes is telling me it has to be reinstalled. I’ll have to try that sometime. Weird. Sounds like Itunes, AnyDVD and my LG DVD RW drive all access that part of the registry and the AnyDVD install messed it up somehow.[/QUOTE]
No they do not, they access completely different parts of the registry. AnyDVD could never affect Itunes or your Burners. Your burners are hardware, AnyDVDHD is software. It sound as if you have installed something that is in conflict, or your burner is going down the tubes. Try another, easy beans to install and uninstall, or just uninstall the burner in the Device Manager , it will reinstall after a reboot.