AnyDVD 6.5.7.1 PSW.AGENT Spyware?

Hi Guy’s
I don’t normally complain
BUT?
The recent update of AnyDVD has the PSW.Agent (Spyware):sad:
Incorporated within it?

Don’t tell me to unstall? Because I have!
And I’ve downloaded it twice from Slysoft!
Still the same?

What is going on? As this has never happened before?

Cheekyman

[QUOTE=Cheekyman;2409352]Hi Guy’s
I don’t normally complain
BUT?
The recent update of AnyDVD has the PSW.Agent (Spyware):sad:
Incorporated within it?

Don’t tell me to unstall? Because I have!
And I’ve downloaded it twice from Slysoft!
Still the same?

What is going on? As this has never happened before?

Cheekyman

What software and version of A/V are you running? All my uses of Slysoft products are virus or malware free. It’s most likely your A/V software has a problem with it. Either it’s time you update your A/V software or get a better A/V software.

Hi CoolColors,
Thanks for replying my friend!

I’ve had a computer since the ice age!
I have all the top security software protecting
my computers. They are up-to-date and have
NEVER let me down. When I got this “BUG” I
sent off the log file to my security support team and
they replied it was infected!

However AnyDVD “STILL” works with this “BUG” taken out of it
Even the most stringent of software has vulnerabilities!!
I was merely pointing out that this could be one of those cases! :smiley:

Many Thanks
Frank

As long as you download from slysoft for the original file and used the key purchase through slysofts official buying page this is a false positive. If gotten from somewhere else you are taking a risk.

Hi Dr Who,
YES! I got the email to download AnyDVD!
AND NO!!
I didn’t go through the email (I never do) to
download it I went to Slysoft download page
AND YES!
I have the key you gave me years ago!

I have never had any quarms with your software
you provide excellent products (I’ve more than one)

It just disturbed me to find such a thing happening!! :eek:

Frank

I am a registered user of SlySoft software.
After reading your alert, I re-scanned the install AnyDVD 6.5.7.1 file I downloaded via email notice using AVG (latest updates) and it came up clean.
I do appreciate the heads up on using a link from email notice…and will proceed accordingly in the future.
This is not a negative reflection upon SlySoft’s email notices, which I appreciate.

FYI: I do not represent Slysoft or their products. I am just a user as well.

Hi Guy’s,
Sorry Dr Who? With it saying “Support” in your title
I thought you were something to do with Slysoft!

(I’m a Moderater of a forum myself and I’m no dummy
when it comes to computers ha ha)

I have had AnyDVD for years and this is the first time this
has happened? In all the updates we receive I have never
had this problem? I also use the latest Heuristic spyware
engine available. It has never informed me of any spyware :rolleyes:
from AnyDVD before. Why NOW?

Frank

There is no spyware in AnyDVD, if there was you wouldnt be the only one reporting it. I use Kaspersky on one machine and Nod32 on another and it reports no spyware. I even ran it through Malwarebytes with no issues. You never told us what program reported this spyware? It cold very well be a false positive within the spyware proggy.

Hi There,
Ha ha at last?
The program is Spyware Detector & I have Kaspersky as well!!

AnyDVD is working fine! And I understand about false positives.
That is why I sent the log off.

I would have contacted YOUR support about this issue instead of :iagree:
broadcasting it for everyone to see, BUT this is the only place
I can ask the questions!!

Frank (Moderator)

[QUOTE=Cheekyman;2409538]Hi There,
Ha ha at last?
The program is Spyware Detector & I have Kaspersky as well!!

AnyDVD is working fine! And I understand about false positives.
That is why I sent the log off.

I would have contacted YOUR support about this issue instead of :iagree:
broadcasting it for everyone to see, BUT this is the only place
I can ask the questions!!

Frank (Moderator)[/QUOTE]
You can ask questions anyplace. I am sure this is a false positive, sometimes rouge Spyware programs set off spyware alerts just because they can. These programs are called Rouge programs. I would try Superantispyware, its free and an excellent program. I am sure what you are experiencing is a false positive.

You a Moderator? Are you kidding me?
Read up on (MAX) Spyware Detector!!

This I can assure you is NOT FREE!
You cannot purchase this off of E-Bay my friend
How can you tell me to replace it with a FREE program?
I use my computers for my business and I’m wasting time
and money now reporting this to supposedly Slysoft!

SD have their OWN support team 24/7!
I cannot say the same for Slysoft can I?
(My views have changed towards Slysoft)

From a dissatisfied customer BYE!!:disagree:

Frank (Moderator)

[QUOTE=Cheekyman;2409559]You a Moderator? Are you kidding me?
Read up on (MAX) Spyware Detector!!

This I can assure you is NOT FREE!
You cannot purchase this off of E-Bay my friend
How can you tell me to replace it with a FREE program?
I use my computers for my business and I’m wasting time
and money now reporting this to supposedly Slysoft!

SD have their OWN support team 24/7!
I cannot say the same for Slysoft can I?
(My views have changed towards Slysoft)

From a dissatisfied customer BYE!!:disagree:

Frank (Moderator)[/QUOTE] I just asked you to try it, just because it costs money does not make it better. Report it to whom you please, I was just trying to help. Bye.:wink:

Simply put the [U]Slysoft[/U] software does not contain a virus. If the installer was obtained from [U]Slysoft’s[/U] servers then the detection is a false positive and you need to contact your antivirus vendor and submit the file[s] being flagged by their software. The antivirus vendor will need to analyze the files and make the necessary changes to their detection system so that this false positive no longer occurs.

From what I’ve seen in this thread everyone has tried to be helpful, Cheekyman, but you remain dissatisfied and annoyed at Slysoft for a reason that truly eludes me. Quite simply you should be dissatisfied by your antivirus software which is wrongly detecting AnyDVD as infected. Surely as a person who has worked with computers since the “ice age” you understand how things work rather than turning this into a rather worthless hysterical rant where you just feel like wrongly slamming Slysoft and definitely not locating and resolving the actual problem which is your antivirus software.

[QUOTE=DrinkLyeAndDie;2409661]Simply put the [U]Slysoft[/U] software does not contain a virus. If the installer was obtained from [U]Slysoft’s[/U] servers then the detection is a false positive and you need to contact your antivirus vendor and submit the file[s] being flagged by their software. The antivirus vendor will need to analyze the files and make the necessary changes to their detection system so that this false positive no longer occurs.

From what I’ve seen in this thread everyone has tried to be helpful, Cheekyman, but you remain dissatisfied and annoyed at Slysoft for a reason that truly eludes me. Quite simply you should be dissatisfied by your antivirus software which is wrongly detecting AnyDVD as infected. Surely as a person who has worked with computers since the “ice age” you understand how things work rather than turning this into a rather worthless hysterical rant where you just feel like wrongly slamming Slysoft and definitely not locating and resolving the actual problem which is your antivirus software.[/QUOTE]

Very well said.

[QUOTE=Cheekyman;2409538]Hi There,

Frank (Moderator) [/QUOTE]
:bigsmile:

Well this seems like a very unhappy thread. I can attest that false positives happen and to get them fixed one should contact your AV provider, not the program that triggered the false positive. Also, the comment about Slysoft and support is…interesting. They most definitely have a dedicated support team. Perhaps looking on their website you might find that information. :wink: In any case, it’s unfortunate you’re dissatisfied with Slysoft for something they have absolutely no control over whatsoever.

[QUOTE=SamuriHL;2413485]Well this seems like a very unhappy thread. I can attest that false positives happen and to get them fixed one should contact your AV provider, not the program that triggered the false positive. Also, the comment about Slysoft and support is…interesting. They most definitely have a dedicated support team. Perhaps looking on their website you might find that information. :wink: In any case, it’s unfortunate you’re dissatisfied with Slysoft for something they have absolutely no control over whatsoever.[/QUOTE]

Sami
methinks perchance the OP doth need invest in new virus scanner
His spyware blocker gets very poor reviews::wink:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2073462,00.asp :bigsmile:

On the other hand AVG does not report any problems with anydvd
you may recall sometime ago AVG was having problems but no longer.:flower:

I would tend to agree with you on that. I don’t understand the mentality of blaming a perfectly harmless product that generates a false positive in a perfectly piece of junk product. :smiley: I’ve never had problems with the AV tools I use, even when AVG had issues. (Stupid thermida handling). Ah well. What can you do?