AnyDVD 6.4.2.3 Beta Discussion

vbimport

From James:

I believe Blu-ray owners will love this one:

http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6423.exe

Finally you can watch your discs the way you want to!
(Remember, AnyDVD’s primary purpose isn’t ripping…)

6.4.2.3 2008 05 15

• New (Blu-ray): Added option to remove annoying adverts and trailers!
  • New (Blu-ray): Added option to remove User Prohibitions!
  • New (Blu-ray): New automatic region code detection!
  • Some minor fixes and improvements
  • Updated languages

“Removing annoyances” works pretty good, although there still is some room for improvement.

Thanks Samuri HL:
This post was also added in the HD-DVD Forums here, when a new version comes out that primarily is for Bluray, it should also be added to the High Def forums, I believe its already there. Thanks SamuriHL.:clap: I see it was you who added it, thanks again my friend.

Yup, I added it in both places. VERY exciting release IMO.

I have to start testing this ASAP, its very exciting to get a new release like this.:iagree:

I am actually going to but at least a BD-ROM drive now and start collecting titles.

I’ll be testing this shortly. Still finishing up work. You won’t be disappointed if you get a bd drive. :wink: Once you go blu, you never go back. :smiley:

Cheapest reader/bd writer I found was a litey 4x and that includes bd-dl too. Trying to gather the funding for it though :frowning: wish they’d come down more.

The AACS members need to take note of Dr. Who’s statement. I am sure he is not alone.

Regards

[QUOTE=blutach;2058906]The AACS members need to take note of Dr. Who’s statement. I am sure he is not alone.

Regards[/QUOTE]

I think this is the first we ever really crossed paths. I admire your knowledge you do share here and read it with anticipation plus replies.:bow:

Yep if I can get it around 200.00 then it will grab me to go for it. If the studios wanted to really push BD regardless of the costs it is a 50/50 chance to fail but stop making SD titles. :iagree: This would be a great market to push but it can backfire too. :iagree:

[QUOTE=SamuriHL;2058857]I’ll be testing this shortly. Still finishing up work. You won’t be disappointed if you get a bd drive. :wink: Once you go blu, you never go back. :D[/QUOTE]

You can say that again
Is hard on the wallet

Nice to meet you, too Dr. Thank you very much for the kind words.

Regards

[quote=zaq;2058963]You can say that again
Is hard on the wallet[/quote]

Yea, there is that problem. I’ve managed to build up a pretty good library of BD’s so far. A LOT of them I got through Amazon sales/deals. There is no question in my mind that the people who say BD won’t succeed until prices drop are correct. I predicted prices would drop after HD DVD died, but, I was very wrong. They actually raised them! Competing against low cost DVD’s makes that a dangerous thing to do. Once players hit 200 usd and below AND discs start making it under 20 usd regularly, then mass consumer adoption will be more likely. At current prices…not a chance. Only us enthusiests are keeping it alive at this point.

I personally think the future of a actual DVD format, either Blu-ray or just a plain DVD will be a thing of the past in a few years. Something new will come out like DVDs replaced VHS.:iagree:

We’ll see. I’m not nearly as convinced. Look how long they predicted the death of the CD. Yea, it’s “mostly” dead now, but, it hung on for quite a while. With music it was easy to sacrifice a few things in the name of convenience. With movies, however, I’m not as willing to make that sacrifice. And until you can offer me the FULL blu-ray experience in a convenient package, I won’t even consider it. Be that on demand video, online purchasing, or even cheap flash media, it better give me the full quality of BD or better, and all the special features I enjoy now. And I don’t know about you, but, even with my fiber connection, I simply don’t have the bandwidth to be moving BD size material around. :slight_smile: So, yea, maybe in 5-10 years we’ll be talking about the death of BD and all optical media. I ain’t waiting that long to build an HD library. :wink:

I agree SamuriHL, I just mean’t at the rate of new technology being developed, I think in a few years ( I have no idea how many) the DVD format will be replaced, its just my humble opinion but I think that with the availability of large hdds for a very low price we will see downloadable only for some titles sooner than later. This is just my personal opinion I have no knowledge of anything in the works.:slight_smile:

If you could give me 100mbps fiber, I’d happily buy ISO’s of my movies that I can mount on a large HDD for my HTPC. That’d give me everything I ask for.