AnyDVD 6.4.2.2 Trial Version Error

vbimport

Hi all,

I downloaded the trial version 6.4.2.2 the other day, and on two DVD’s so far I’ve encountered the same error at seemingly the same location

When AnyDVD got to 50% somewhere like VTS.OB_3 ( something like that ) it encountered a read error.

The first time it happened I was able to rip it w/DVDDecrypter, second time DVDDecrypter failed as well.

Both the DVD’s are older ( as in a couple of years old ).

Is there an update ( even though I downloaded just a couple days ago )?

Anyone else have this problem?

Ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Entropyrexor

[QUOTE=entropyrexor;2059194]Hi all,

I downloaded the trial version 6.4.2.2 the other day, and on two DVD’s so far I’ve encountered the same error at seemingly the same location

When AnyDVD got to 50% somewhere like VTS.OB_3 ( something like that ) it encountered a read error.

The first time it happened I was able to rip it w/DVDDecrypter, second time DVDDecrypter failed as well.

Both the DVD’s are older ( as in a couple of years old ).

Is there an update ( even though I downloaded just a couple days ago )?

Anyone else have this problem?

Ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Entropyrexor[/QUOTE]

What was the name of the DVD would help for those whom had similiar problem with the DVD your describing and what they did. Also what kinda burner do you have and is it the latest firmware? How is the media read surface look like?

It could be that the discs are bad, or you are trying to copy a copy. This will sometime cause an error when AnyDVD is enabled, and no protection is present, but it is very rare.

VTS.OB_3 ( something like that ) usually means it is a bad disc, exchange it for another copy.

Both DVD’s are orignials, the second one that I couldn’t rip with AnyDVD or DVDDecrypter was Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, Part 1 (Special Extended Version). All the DVD’s I’m ripping are originals. I’m ripping them and compressing them to ultimately go on my iPod (which I’m doing with no problems using Handbrake - Windows version ).

Now, AnyDVD ripped the rest of the Lord of the Rings Special Extended Versions with no problem. I forget which title it was that had the same problem.

What’s weird is that both times, it was at 50% and the same position on the disc (that VOB_TS_3 or whatever).

I’m no expert at ripping dvd’s so any insight, tips, or instructions on how to play with AnyDVD’s settings are most appreciated.

Thank You all in advance,

Entropyrexor

Have you again tried to see if those dvd will play properly in standalone? That if something is wrong or you have bad media should show up at that point. ie studdering, slow, jerky, freezing fame that would be a indication of bad pressed media. But I have to say I own all three series extended of LoTR and they play fine for me.

[QUOTE=entropyrexor;2059371]Both DVD’s are orignials, the second one that I couldn’t rip with AnyDVD or DVDDecrypter was Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, Part 1 (Special Extended Version). All the DVD’s I’m ripping are originals. I’m ripping them and compressing them to ultimately go on my iPod (which I’m doing with no problems using Handbrake - Windows version ).

Now, AnyDVD ripped the rest of the Lord of the Rings Special Extended Versions with no problem. I forget which title it was that had the same problem.

What’s weird is that both times, it was at 50% and the same position on the disc (that VOB_TS_3 or whatever).

I’m no expert at ripping dvd’s so any insight, tips, or instructions on how to play with AnyDVD’s settings are most appreciated.

Thank You all in advance,

Entropyrexor[/QUOTE]
Download Nero DiscSpeed and with the latest AnyDVD (6.4.2.3) running in the background with the default settings enabled, run the ScanDisc feature. If it reports back as all green then it is fine. If it does not, you may have a bad disc or a bad drive.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2059700]Have you again tried to see if those dvd will play properly in standalone? That if something is wrong or you have bad media should show up at that point. ie studdering, slow, jerky, freezing fame that would be a indication of bad pressed media. But I have to say I own all three series extended of LoTR and they play fine for me.[/QUOTE]
By playing a disc in a standalone DVD player, it will [B]not[/B] let the user know if the disc is bad or not. DVD players read the DVD differently than a DVD drive.

[QUOTE=linx05;2059705]Download Nero DiscSpeed and with the latest AnyDVD (6.4.2.3) running in the background with the default settings enabled, run the ScanDisc feature. If it reports back as all green then it is fine. If it does not, you may have a bad disc or a bad drive.

By playing a disc in a standalone DVD player, it will [B]not[/B] let the user know if the disc is bad or not. DVD players read the DVD differently than a DVD drive.[/QUOTE]

If you aren’t able to properly play the compressed DVD then something is wrong with the media or the standalone is dirty. Standalone is a good test of how good a burn is depending on the media you use and how you burn it. Did you try to play the source that was causing the problem all the way through on standalone and computer DVD drive use what DVD software player you have to see if any problem showed as well besides using nero discspeed to check you media? Linux05 your statement is confusing so can you elaborate on specifics of what your saying then?

have you tried a third different disk/title?
to see if there is an error or not

Do you have enough room on the hard drive you are ripping to?
are U ripping and burning at same time?
if so rip then burn

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2059830]If you aren’t able to properly play the compressed DVD then something is wrong with the media or the standalone is dirty. Standalone is a good test of how good a burn is depending on the media you use and how you burn it. Did you try to play the source that was causing the problem all the way through on standalone and computer DVD drive use what DVD software player you have to see if any problem showed as well besides using nero discspeed to check you media? Linux05 your statement is confusing so can you elaborate on specifics of what your saying then?[/QUOTE]
Using Nero DiscSpeed it will allow you to scan the DVD byte for byte. A standalone DVD player does not do this, so it cannot give you a proper test.

entropyrexor, do what I said in my previous post and let us know how it goes. I suspect it is a bad DVD.

By the way, my nick is linx05, not Linux05 :wink: