AnyDVD 6.4.0.4 Final Discussion Thread

vbimport

6.4.0.4 released.

http://www.slysoft.com/download.html

6.4.0.4 2008 03 27

• New (Blu-ray): Added support for new version of BD+ as found on
    “Hitman”, Region A, US
  • New (DVD): Added support for a new type of structural protection as
    found on “Reservation Road”, R1, US (untested, awaiting feedback)
  • New (DVD): Added support for a new type of structural protection as
    found on “Der Perfekte Sex”, R2, Germany
  • New (DVD): AnyDVD ripper can now be started multiple times
  • New: Settings can be changed while rip is in progress.
    Setting changes will be ignored for drives currently ripping.
  • New (Setup): AnyDVD can now be installed without a reboot (2000/XP/Vista)
  • Fix (Blu-ray): Small visible glitches (1-2 frames per movie) on BD+
    protected discs
  • Fix (DVD): AnyDVD ripper didn’t handle some discs properly under Vista
  • Some minor fixes and improvements
  • Updated languages

Glad to see that Slysoft is updating very fast nowadays, since they just cracked the BD+ copy protection code on Blu-Ray DVDs.

:slight_smile:

I just tried to install the lastest version of AnyDVD 6.4.0.4. It usually takes only a few seconds to install, but this version hangs and gets my Q6600 tasking @25 - 30% for 5-10 minutes or so. It hangs on the final step - starting the execution file. anitvirus is off. See attachment. How do I get the last version and reinstall it until this version is fixed?

Have you tried uninstalling old version first, reboot then reinstall latest version? I know you shouldn’t have to do it this way but we cannot account for the other software on your machine.

I restarted the system and it seems to work just fine… although strange! That’s the first time I have run into this kind of installation error with ANYDVD.

If you are running Vista it might just be a small glitch the first install, it works fine for almost everybody, I have no such issues but I am running XP Pro, I am sure we can sort it out if you still have an issue.

I had a minor issue also on Vista 64 bit ultimate
after intall it said I have no DVD drives
rebooted and all was well

@stevo714
Looks like you beat Alan to the punch :wink:

Just installed over last version on Vista 32bit and no problems at all; clean install, upgrade to 6404 and reports all 7 drives.

[QUOTE=nlp;2028885]I just tried to install the lastest version of AnyDVD 6.4.0.4. It usually takes only a few seconds to install, but this version hangs and gets my Q6600 tasking @25 - 30% for 5-10 minutes or so. It hangs on the final step - starting the execution file. anitvirus is off. See attachment. How do I get the last version and reinstall it until this version is fixed?[/QUOTE]I had similar problem with 04 beta and 05 beta but not with 06 beta using XP Pro with a C2D and 2 gigs of RAM.

I never had any problem like that and I have 4 gigs of Ram and a Dual Core Opteron. It did hwever ask me to reboot in one of the latest versions.

The install just hung for about 20 seconds and then finally finished for the 2 versions i posted Alan :confused:

6.4.0.6 beta did not but yeah i had to reboot.

The no reboot needed was removed too many various filter issues per machine.