AnyDVD 6.4.0.0 BD+ Discussion Thread

vbimport

AnyDVD History

6.4.0.0 2008 03 19

• New (Blu-ray): Removes the BD+ protection from Blu-ray discs!
    (for increased compatibility with titles released by Twentieth
    Century Fox :slight_smile: )
  • New (Blu-ray): Added option to enable / disable BD+ removal
  • New (DVD): AnyDVD ripper no longer uses the Windows filesystem, it
    has now its own UDF parser / reader.
    Discs which cannot be read by Windows can now be copied with the
    AnyDVD ripper.
  • Fix (Blu-ray): Black display with some BD discs, e.g., “Layer Cake”,
    second release, “The Fugitive”, “Wild Things” (all Region B)
  • Fix (DVD): Small bugfix in “repairing defective disc structure”
    function of AnyDVD ripper
  • Fix (DVD): Problems with some Arccos protected titles, e.g.
    “The Grudge”, R1, US
  • Some minor fixes and improvements
  • Updated languages
    http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD6400.exe

Please give us some feedback on your BD+ discs, I would like to see what titles might be troublesome or not. I think this the biggest release in their history.

GUI looks kewl

WOW - I’m impressed!!
Thanks. This software is worth every Cent I spent!

[quote=Pianoman;2022521]WOW - I’m impressed!!
Thanks. This software is worth every Cent I spent![/quote]

Totally agree. Not trying to be an ass, but I’m glad I switched from another well known program. :iagree: (DVDF…)

I just got the update email :smiley:

Can someone please try ripping ‘300’ or ‘Wild Hogs’ Blu-Ray discs and see if they play from your HDD? I can rip these with 6.3.1.7 with no problems, but they will not play with any player that plays Blu-Ray. It tells me the file is corrupted under Nero Showtime w/Blu-Ray plug-in and Power DVD Ultra just won’t play it.

If I had those movies I would but I would highly recommend upgrading to the latest version and trying again.

Burner127 yes update anydvd hd and try again.

Is it possible to find out which titles are BD+ protected?

Since I already ripped the movies using version 6.3.1.7, is there a way to ‘re-rip’ using the files on my HDD? Should i just mount the images using Daemon Tools and run it through the latest version of AnyDVD HD?

Thx again for your hard work.

Most Fox titles released after Oct 07 will have BD+ protection. The only known title that doesn’t work at the moment is Hitman. Slysoft is aware of this and will work on it once they get the disc in their hot little hands. This is truly a REMARKABLE and monumental release. If ever there was a reason to spring for the cost of AnyDVD HD, this is certainly it. It was worth it before for all the things it did. Now with BD+ being instantly removed, this is truly amazing. If you’re considering going BD, you will want to invest in this.

It’ll say so in the status window upon insertion of the BD title. :smiley:

[QUOTE=Burner127;2022582]Is it possible to find out which titles are BD+ protected?

Since I already ripped the movies using version 6.3.1.7, is there a way to ‘re-rip’ using the files on my HDD? Should i just mount the images using Daemon Tools and run it through the latest version of AnyDVD HD?

Thx again for your hard work.[/QUOTE]

Rip the ones on the hdd again with the newest version to remove the extra + stuff that was missed.

[QUOTE=SamuriHL;2022594]Most Fox titles released after Oct 07 will have BD+ protection. The only known title that doesn’t work at the moment is Hitman. Slysoft is aware of this and will work on it once they get the disc in their hot little hands. This is truly a REMARKABLE and monumental release. If ever there was a reason to spring for the cost of AnyDVD HD, this is certainly it. It was worth it before for all the things it did. Now with BD+ being instantly removed, this is truly amazing. If you’re considering going BD, you will want to invest in this.[/QUOTE]I was waiting for you to respond in the HD threads but it’s ok here.

I take it this is what you have been waiting for and talking about?

Heck i bought AnyDVD-HD a few years back hoping for this :bigsmile:

[quote=Bob;2022600]I was waiting for you to respond in the HD threads but it’s ok here.

I take it this is what you have been waiting for and talking about?

Heck i bought AnyDVD-HD a few years back hoping for this :bigsmile:[/quote]

I haven’t posted in the HD threads yet. We’ll get there. :wink: But yes, this is exactly what we’ve all been waiting for. “They” said it couldn’t be done for 10 years. It took what, 6-8 months? Slysoft amazes me completely. Now we can play all our titles with whatever software we want. We can now also remux the streams on BD+ protected movies so that we can process them how we like. Truly remarkable. Zevia will be psyched. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=SamuriHL;2022604]We can now also remux the streams on BD+ protected movies so that we can process them how we like. Truly remarkable. Zevia will be psyched. :)[/QUOTE]yeah zevia will be in heaven :bigsmile:

As are we all. Peer and James deserve a freaking vacation after this miracle. :slight_smile:

I can’t wait to here what all the “Doubters” have to say now. :cool:

Should i just mount the images using Daemon Tools and run it through the latest version of AnyDVD HD?

[QUOTE=alan1476;2022618]I can’t wait to here what all the “Doubters” have to say now. :cool:[/QUOTE]lol not just the Thomas’ but maybe the Les’ :slight_smile: