AnyDVD 6.1.8.4

6.1.8.4 2007 10 11

• New (DVD): New “AI Scanner™” copy protection removal
  • New (DVD): Added support for new copy protections
  • New (DVD): CSS brute force cracking (region code mismatch) works
    now much better with Arccos/RipGuard/ProtectDVD/FluxDVD …
    protected discs
  • New (DVD): UDF remastering of .IFO and .BUP files
  • New (HD DVD & Blu-ray): Support for new titles
  • New: Automatic creation of .zip files containing IFO files and
    other useful debug information in the user’s “My Documents” folder,
    if “Enable Logging” is enabled in AnyDVD program’s settings.
  • Fix (DVD) AnyDVD ripper could complain, that the destination
    directory has insufficient space
  • Fix (HD DVD & Blu-ray): Large I/O requests could cause the
    “Magic File Replacement™” to malfunction
  • Fix: Integrity check could issue a false alarm
  • Some minor fixes and improvements
  • Updated languages

http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD6184.exe

Out of beta. Congrats, Slysoft!

kewl thanks again SamuriHL!

very cool

Thankyou SamuriHL.:clap:

Does this fix the BD+ issues with “The Day After Tomorrow” and “Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer”?

No

No it doesn’t

What a bummer but oh well I do have a HD or BD so I could worry less…as DVD right not suffies for me now…now big need to go HD-BD…cost to much for drives…

It will be fixed. It will just take a little time, I have faith, they have never not got the job done. I have no reason to believe they will not get it done this time.:iagree:

I know they will get it done sooner or later that just how things are, waiting is part of life. But to the point HD-BD are way to expensive even the media and plus the Dvd for me is still a great media format and will continue to be around for some time to come just like CD was to be replaced by Dvd their still here. Not til the industries settle on one format or combine the two will it be even affordable for the end users to really fork out the money for such units.

I don’t know, I just took advantage of Amazon’s BOGOF deal for Disney Blu-ray movies. I got 2 Blu-ray movies delivered 2nd day for 23 bucks. I can’t complain about that! :slight_smile: Plus I just ordered Transformers on HD DVD for another 27 bucks 2nd day. Amazon is a great place for movies.

That’s all good but then what about all those DVDs out there right now? They will still be around and they dont come in HD or BD but also DVD as well. But besides that the drive price is a killer you have to buy both a HD and BD to play either movies?? Rather then buying one unit that has DVD, HD, and BD. But that only time someone will get these three format squeezed into one unit that then will I drool over and shell out the dough but only when they have the bugs worked out of the units. But as for Anydvd is a fine software if I ever say it.

If you’re referring to PC drives, they have those but are pricey. If you’re referring to stand alone players, those are coming really quick and are still pricey. I personally opted for the game console route myself. I have the HD DVD add on for the 360 and I bought a PS3 this summer for Blu-ray. Yes, it’s pricey, I will not argue that. But, prices are dropping quickly. Because they’re trying to build the HD market, you can often find some INSANE deals. Buy.com had some Blu-rays for 10 bucks a piece. Not bad! Plus the 5 free Blu-rays just for buying a player, and I know at Best Buy and some other retailers they were giving away 9 HD DVD’s for buying a player. That’s just crazy! As for DVD, mine aren’t going anywhere. The PS3 upscales them very well. I just don’t want to buy DVD when HD is available at this point since I have the ability to play both formats.

I agree. :iagree:

Do not use 6.1.8.4 with Meet The Robinsons… Use 6.1.7.4 instead
I posted the details on the slysoft forum

boobear, you couldn’t just disable the AI Scanner? Would that work?

linx no…but it worked fine with 6.1.7.4

I used to use both AnyDVD and DVDFab Platinum, AnyDVD as the main decryptor and DVDFab Platinum as the “back up” secondary program. That changed over the past couple of months, as AnyDVD has fallen from its position of top decryptor. There are just too many discs it is unable to handle. It was looking like it was going to come back out on top, but this latest release 6.1.8.4 has proven to behave like early beta software. This is the first time as far as I can remember that a version of AnyDVD came out that could not handle discs that it was previously able to handle with no problem (Blades of Glory, Meet the Robinsons).

So, until Slysoft gets their s**t together and fixes all these problems, I highly recommend buying DVDFab Platinum if you haven’t already and using that as your main decryptor. It also has the functions of CloneDVD, CloneDVD Mobile, and CloneCD built into it… no need to be charged for four separate programs.

Just my 2 cents.

There’s other discs as well…

Lost Season 2 (Australia, Region 4), 8 Below (Japan), and The Forgotten so far… as well as Blades of Glory R1 and Meet the Robinsons, which hasn’t been acknowledged on the Slysoft forums yet I might add.

There also seems to be problems getting these issues reported. With Blades of Glory and 6.1.8.4, even after three people reported the exact same problem with the disc, Webslinger (their moderator) said,

It could be an issue; I’m not sure. 10 people could report problems with another disc, and that disc could simply be defective 10 times . . .
3 people reporting something doesn’t necessarily imply anything.

All of this is not exactly giving me the warm fuzzies… :frowning:

Slysofts latest release does great job on all of the movies, it has the same problems as DVD Fab with Bluray and HD. I am sure both are fine programs. As this was your first post, I am sure you will find our members are aware of both programs and can make their choices themselves. This thread is for people that needing help with AnyDVD 6.1.8.4. Thankyou for your 2 cents.:disagree: