AnyDVD 6.1.2.5 - Puppetlock

vbimport

Hi all

Im trying to backup Monster House on DVD and AnyDVD shows the following:

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2029744 sectors (3964 MBytes)
Total size: 4037104 sectors (7884 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: Monster_House
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: PAL
Media is locked to region(s): 2 4 5!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Found & removed structural copy protection (Arccos, Puppetlock)!
Changed firstplay: Jump directly to TitleMenu!
Found & removed 1 bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 4!

Problem is when i start CloneDVD2 latest version it says is trying to repair the disc structure. Anyone else getting this problem? Anyone form Slysoft here i can contact?

Rodney

can you rip the movie to your hard drive first using anydvd, then use clonedvd from the anydvd rip.

also theres no need to cross post :iagree:

Clean your disc, and try again. I suspect you have a bad original.

If you feel otherwise, then do what follows below.

If you’re absolutely positive you’ve encountered a new protection, please follow these instructions (originally written by Olli):

1.) DISABLE AnyDVD (little fox on the taskbar should be grey).
2.) Navigate to the VIDEO_TS folder of the DVD.
3.) Copy all files ending with .IFO to your harddisk. ONLY those with .IFO, not the big .VOB files!
4.) ENABLE AnyDVD again (just in case, so you don’t forget it)
5.) ZIP the .IFO files to one file. Name it with a cool filename (e.g., Little_Black_Book_UK.zip)
6.) Write a an email to support(at)slysoft.com (replace (at) with @). Name your problem, try to identify the disc (e.g, Little Black Book, R2, UK), the UPC number if possible (below the barcode on the package). The information output of AnyDVD can be helpful as well.
7.) They like if you include the AnyDVD version and your AnyDVD serial number in this mail. You find this information in the Settings Window -> About.
8.) Attach ZIP file with the IFOs and send it.

I also echo the " bad source disc " theory. I have backed up this movie using AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 and it was no problem. But I see you are in a different region than I am. I am in region 1, and your disc is PAL so you must be region 2, ( maybe) sometimes different regions have different protections, that said we have many region 2 PAL users here and this disc was not a problem. So maybe try returning or really cleaning the disc well. Sorry if this doesn’t help.:slight_smile:

What happens if you let CloneDVD2 finish the repair?

Hi all

Apologies for the double postings / cross postings, i post to so many sites i can possibly remememer where and when on every site. Puppetlock is similar to Arrcos which is owned by Sony.

Ill try another copy (swap it at place of purchase) of the movie and see what happen, as i dont like things beating me. I just found it odd that AnyDVD said it found and removed it yet CloneDVD has trouble.

Its either a bad disc or a newer version of Puppetlock, and if thats the case will submit details as described below to slysoft.

Rodney

Hi all

The puppetlock issue has since been fixed by turning off “protection based on unreadable sectors” but Slysoft have released a new version of AnyDVD which fixed this issue permanently

AnyDVD 6.1.3.0