AnyDVD 6.0.9.0 Update

6.0.9.0 2006 11 30

• New: Runs under VirtualPC on PowerPC MACs
  • Change: “Aggressive I/O Mode” checkbox removed, “Safe Mode” is back.
    Just the way it was in version <= 6.0.8.2
  • Change: “Safe Mode” off is less “aggressive”, this fixes many problems
    some users were having
  • Fix: DEP error on Windows Vista

loaded and worked great for me

Thanks

There are already other threads about this. :slight_smile:

I’m sure there was but this is the only one I saw that said Anydvd update 6.0.9.0. That’s why I posted here. Still waking up. :smiley:

I think the other one was for the beta release. This is the public release. (which is probably the same). :stuck_out_tongue:

It works great, this should take all the heat off the previous versions. Thanksyou Slysoft for your quick response a great product.:bow:

• Change: “Aggressive I/O Mode” checkbox removed, “Safe Mode” is back.
    Just the way it was in version <= 6.0.8.2
  • Change: “Safe Mode” off is less “aggressive”, this fixes many problems
    some users were having

Ok so there is no form of the Agressive I/O Mode any more? The normal Safe mode we’ve had for so long is back? I’m confused here. Or do we have Safe Mode as our normal mode, and a more “safer” mode as the Safe Mode?

I’m not sure I even want to see the answer to this question! :confused:

Don’t look because I think its coming.:bigsmile:

Ah, poor James. We knew this was coming. Poor guy.

You have a more safer “aggressive mode” as default. It will be even a little safer in the next version. :wink:
The “Safe Mode” is the “good and clean” mode as it always was (same as the default mode in 6.0.8.9)

I found a very good compromise between compatibility and system stability:
AnyDVD “aggressive mode” now has both layers “aggressive” and “safe” always working at the same time.
The “Safe Mode” layer is still active if “aggressive” is enabled, and every IRP (I/O request packet) processed by the safe mode layer will be tracked. The “aggressive mode” layer checks, if an IRP has already been processed by the “Safe Mode” layer. If it is, “Aggressive” won’t do anything.

If an IRP is not processed by the “Safe Mode” layer, e.g. a program with a “not well designed I/O subsystem” like 1-click-dvd-copy (no, I didn’t say this is bad software!) sneaks in I/O requests directly to the port driver and not passing it to the class driver as Microsoft suggests, “aggressive mode” i/o will catch and process this IRP.

James,

I’ve not had a problem related to the issues that have cause this ‘minor’ uproar.

But I’d like to thank you for your hard work and patience in tackling these problems and coming up with working solutions.

I realize there may be a few still having troubles with their particular configuration of software and/or hardware. But you and your colleagues have shown time and time again, if the right detailed information about these problems is forwarded to Slysoft, they get fixed in a timely and efficient manner.

Thanks for a great software. Thanks for listening to your customers. And thanks for putting up with us when we forget just how good a job you do on a regular basis. :bow: :bow: :bow:

-G

I knew I didn’t want to see it… especially as a 1Click user… :smiley:

…at least James tossed in the “(no, I didn’t say this is bad software!)” disclaimer to the disclaimer… has someone been taking lessons in diplomacy? :smiley: j/k James…

I kind of enjoyed the “war”… it gave us junkies something get the blood moving out of our butts. :wink: