• Fix: Removal of some versions of the Sony Arccos protection
    was broken and caused navigation problems
  • Fix: Norwegian language file was broken
  • Some minor fixes and improvements
  • Updated languages

http://www.slysoft.com

There’s the link for above.

Thanks Taylor30 for the info.

Thank you! My most favourite ripper has been updated! Does this fix some of the probs mentioned in this thread: http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=188718

Those are thanks and suggestions so no it has nothing to do with that thread.

I have never had problems with previous updates but now I am getting the attached error. I am using 64-bit XP and the elbyCDIO.dll is located in the c:\windows\SysWOW64 directory not the default of c:\windows\system32.

Any suggestions?

In my experience this is because you have a slysoft / elby program running during install (AnyDVD, CloneDVD et al use this dll). In my case I’ve usually forgotten to close down CloneDVD. Because I never learn. Check in Task Manager to be sure all progs closed down OK.

Doc
Thanks for the link

Yea hopfully the newbies’ remember to post the link to download in the future. :bigsmile:

:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Here’s the press release from SlySoft…

Do SS have to rub it in :bigsmile:

LOL I like the quote very funny. I bet the movie studios rack their brains to beat slysoft too. LOL

I think they quit trying a while back. ( the movie studios) They will be concentrating on BluRay and HD discs soon. No one can beat Slysoft when it comes to what they do.

alan1476
True
but the studios are like chickens trying to raid the fox’s den
ala the recent RV debacle
that was a real pathetic attempt
LOL

I’m talking about all the helpful things zavlakas posted. Remember he had problems with some R2 movies. Have a read through and you’ll see.

So, my question again, does this fix what zavlakas was talking about?

I don’t think so. I may be wrong about this, but I believe the problem was caused by a newer form of ArCoSS which currently is only being used in certain countries in Europe (Region 2). When Slysoft adds support for a new form of ArCoSS they say so explicitly in the changelog. For example, 6.0.3.1 and 6.0.4.2 both include this in their changes: “New: Added support for new versions of the Sony Arccos protection”.

James stated that he was having trouble gaining access to the DVDs which were failing because he couldn’t purchase them or rent them in Antigua. I also do not remember James stating that he was able to fix the problem.

At the current time, I believe the only way to back up these particular R2 movies is to use RipIt4Me. Fortunately, this problem does not affect any R1 disks, though if it did, Slysoft would likely have a quick fix.

zavlakas posted this 8 hours ago:

“If only they could fix the compatibillity issues with third party software on region 2 titles…”

Therefore, I think the answer to your question is “No”.