Anydvd 6.0.4.5 need to update vts to 1.4.0.3

i do not understand why anydvd does’t update the vts to newer version for cleanup of vob files. Just wondering. No insults intended.

I don’t understand why people don’t update to AD 6050.
Just wondering. No insults intended.

Because there isn’t a real need to update the VTS part in anydvd. Just because the ripit4me is updated and the fix VTS doesn’t mean all programs that use it needs to. There is no issues ripping nor reading and burning, anydvd is fine with what it does at the moment. Plus as zaq said update to 6.0.5.0 if you’re really haveing a problem.

TheMan#1 -

It might be helpful if you completely reviewed the below Forum posting and note SlySoft (James) comments concerning VTS functions of the AnyDVD software program and why the VTS functions of the “AnyDVD Ripper” doesn’t need to be updated each time the developers of FixVTS issue a version update.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=185974

What specifically is not functioning properly with the “AnyDVD Ripper” VTS functions that SlySoft needs to be improve and update?

If you were experiencing some type of undisclosed problem with the AnyDVD software program the prudent action would be to update to the most current up to date version. If you are unaware your AnyDVD version 6.04.5 has been superseded and on 18 Aug 06 SlySoft released AnyDVD v6.0.5.0. Visit SlySoft (http://www.slysoft.com) and download the most current up to date version of AnyDVD.

BeLooken

Although, James has talked about other possibilities

well sometimes it might not open in DVD Shrink and sometimes Nero be having some reallocation errors

It isn’t going to be done though if you read through this thread here. Slysoft can only help old outdated softeware so much then it just must die out.

Perhaps DVD Shrink and Nero should up date their programs to work with AnyDVD… :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Nero won’t and shrink is no longer updated period…LOL :smiley:

You can use CloneDVD2 instead of the AnyDVD ripper.

There are many valuable and useful features in DVDShrink that CloneDVD2 does not offer - hence the continuing interest in using DVDShrink even by folks who have/use CloneDVD2. If someone is working with a title that requires the use of DVDShrink to suit their purposes for some reason, and AnyDVD leaves issues that CloneDVD2 can handle and DVDShrink cannot, I’d suggest disabling AnyDVD and trying RipIt4Me and running DVDShrink against the output files from it. As mentioned earlier, be sure to let RipIt4Me check for updates of itself and FixVTS. That seems to always work in my experience.

Or, if you own CloneDVD and want to use Shrink for the compression or other features, simply rip it with CloneDVD/AnyDVD combination and set CloneDVD to DVD+DL mode. It will correct the DVD structure but not compress anything. The output can then be used by DVD Shrink. Another possibility is to use FixVTS directly on the DVD with AnyDVD running in the background and save the output to the hard drive. That would also work. The point is, there’s always more than one way to achieve a goal.

This is what I was trying to say here, but you did a much better job :flower: : http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=1539597&postcount=10

I know. They either chose to ignore it or didn’t quite follow so I thought I’d reiterate and maybe make it a bit clearer as to what you were saying. Just one of the many wonderful things CloneDVD does for us. And now that I’m running Vista, I TRULY appreciate that AnyDVD, CloneDVD, and CloneCD work just fine with it.

I absolutely agree there are always multiple ways to accomplish what needs to be done - and had not thought of using CloneDVD2 to simply process files and clean up issues left by AnyDVD and then use DVDShrink to transcode and re-author, etc. I did not realize that was what Tru was suggesting. The nice thing about these forums is learning from everyone in here. :smiley:

Yea, I was afraid everyone was looking at Tru’s post as a “oh, stop whining about it and just use CloneDVD” type of post when in fact he was suggesting to use CloneDVD as a ripper. Yes, I do agree, this forum is a GREAT place to learn. You’ll find that Tru is one of the most knowledgable users on here…he really knows his stuff.

That does not always work…

i’m not trying to sound accusatory, but can you name a title on which this does not work? I’ve found this to be the most foolproof way and I very often use clonedvd as a ripper so I can use dvd shrink’s transcoder with advanced quality options.

I’d like to get my hands on a title that doesn’t work with this method as I’d like to try a few different things. I’m just curious is all…not trying to sound condescending.

and as is always stated, it’s always a good idea to have a variety of options available to you because no program is perfect (even though some are damn close!)

this is the ONLY method I use on discs that require a little too much compression than I’m comfortable with using clonedvd. By removing titlesets in clonedvd and preserving menus and extras you can then make a “reauthored” copy using dvd shrink’s advanced options without losing the menus that would otherwise be removed if you had reauthored using dvdshrink itself.

(I hope that makes sense to you guys! it makes sense in my head, i swear! :))

Good day, folks.

Have been reading a lot of threads and need some help.

I am using AnyDVD (1 below the latest 6.0.5.1) and have to wait for hours (!) for the bad sector reads and cleaning.

I remember a thread that would explain where in the Windows XP SP2 registry to reduce re-reads of sectors from the normal to one or two. This would probably speed up the effort.

If anyone has the link, please let me know.

PS - I’m using AnyDVD with DVDShrink and DVDDecrypter to create and burn ISO files to disk.

Thanks.

----- Nothing is constant but change -----