This the French movie called “The Housekeeper” (in English), R1. This is what I tried to decrypt it with, but failed miserably using AnyDVD or AnyDVD in combination with anything else. I proved this by playing the compressed/reauthored version in PowerDVD6, from the HD files. I could play everything except the main movie. If I tried to access the chapters (scene selection), I got booted back to the main menu screen; if I pressed ‘play,’ it would just underline ‘play’ again and do nothing. Here’s what I tried (and only after 3 1/2 hours finally got a working copy from HD to burn to DVD):
- AnyDVD ‘on the fly’ decryption (jump to main menu) with 1clickdvdcopy to HD;
- AnyDVD (jump to main menu) with DVD Decrypter (using SPTI), then 1click to HD
- AnyDVD with DVD Decrypter (using Elby driver), then 1click to HD
- AnyDVD (jump to main movie selected; this time with use CSS archive unchecked) with DVD Decrypter (using Elby driver), then 1click to HD
- AnyDVD (jump to main movie selected) with 1click
- DVDDecrypter to decrypt only, then reauthor/compress to HD with 1click
#6 was the only thing that worked–although both AnyDVD AND DVDDecrypter used the exact same keys to decrypt the movie, only DVDDecrypter let me have a decrypted, working version to burn.
I had taken a screen shot of the AnyDVD DVD information, but somehow cannot find it or didn’t save it like I thought I did. I hope this is sufficient information to quash this bug for this movie.