AnyDVD 5.9.4.1 Error Message when Inserting DVD?

vbimport

Since I updated to 5.9.4.1 I get an error message pop up for every DVD I insert telling me that it may not be able to recognise CSS keys and that I should set my region to the correct number (even though it is). Anyone else get this or know of a cure?

Try the following:

1. Completely uninstall Anydvd, redownload the program from Slysoft, install Anydvd, and reboot. Ensure you reboot after installing before attempting to use Anydvd.

2. If you’re still getting the error message, you can try setting your optical drive’s (your reader’s) region setting to match the region of the disc you’re using.

3. You can try experimenting with different firmware versions that may be available for your optical drive. Using a different firmware may fix this issue.

4. Most of the time, Anydvd guesses CSS keys very well anyway (and you might be able to just ignore the warning, regardless).

5. You can enable the css archive and attempt to get an accurate key reading using a different drive in your system (provided you have one). If you are able to do so, on subsequent read attempts with that same disc, you won’t have to worry about Anydvd guessing the proper CSS key; Anydvd will have the proper CSS key saved.

Anyone else get this

For what it’s worth, I am not experiencing any issues with Anydvd 5.9.4.1

@ cliveports,

Welcome to the Forum.

Perchance is the below ‘Error Message’ what you are receiving?

AnyDVD is unable to crack all CSS Keys on this disc!
AnyDVD will guess the correct CSS Key, but it is possible,
that one or more titles on this disc will not play correctly.

You can check the AnyDVD CSS key archive from the AnyDVD
settings window.

NOTE:
To avoid this message in the future, you should set your drive
region code to match the region of this disc.

If so suggest viewing the below form posting and note the comments by James (SlySoft Tech Services).

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=1242894&postcount=3

Best Regards,
bjkg

"AnyDVD is unable to crack all CSS Keys on this disc!
AnyDVD will guess the correct CSS Key, but it is possible,
that one or more titles on this disc will not play correctly.

You can check the AnyDVD CSS key archive from the AnyDVD
settings window.

NOTE:
To avoid this message in the future, you should set your drive
region code to match the region of this disc. "

That is, without question, the error message. I also used to get it (using old version of Anydvd) when I installed a new drive and didn’t set the region code (see point #2 in my original post and “NOTE: To avoid this message in the future, you should set your drive region code to match the region of this disc.”). One may also, on average, ignore the message entirely (see point #4). I have also seen the same message appear on improper installs of Anydvd (see point #1) and when using old drives with outdated firmware (see point #3). Point #5 is an alternate workaround.

Good luck