Anydvd 5.8.2.1 released

http://www.slysoft.com/download.html

5.8.2.1, 2006 01 11

• New: Added support for a new version of the Sony Arccos
    protection as found on “Mr. & Mrs. Smith” R2 (Swiss German)
    to the option to remove “Protection based on unreadable
    Sectors”
    NOTE: This Arccos version is not yet supported with
    DVDShrink and Nero Recode. With elby CloneDVD 2.8.5.1
    the quality bar will not work, but this is only a cosmetic
    problem. We will try to support this Arccos version better
    in the future.
  • Updated languages

For us “State Side Folks” is their any advantage installing this version (per Swiss German fixes)? Also don’t fully understand issue problem with CloneDVD2…
quality bar will not work, but this is only a cosmetic”.
Does this relate to percent of compression display view? If yes, bar does not work, but numeric output does.

Given the only fixes are for region2 movies and I dont copy those, I am not bothering with this release.

While the update addresses a protection that happens to be found on a R2 dvd, that doesn’t necessarily imply the same protection won’t be used later on other discs in other regions.

Who says that the same protection is not used on R1 discs?

Exactly. :clap: Maybe it is already used on other discs, who knows? Can we check every DVD released? Certainly not. If we write “new protection as found on …” this is only ONE example of this new protection. There are certainly more. We only write the title in the changelog to please the person, who has sent us the .ifo files.

Not everyone uses the same compression apps, but if it is not currently compatible with Recode, then I see no point in installing this one (as that is what I use). I’ll wait until a compatible version is released.

Who says that the same protection is not used on R1 discs?

since I have had no problem copying even this weeks DVD releases then I guess itisnt being used in region1 yet. and IF it is later found on a FUTURE region 1 disk then I am sure you guys at Slysoft will have a release that includes this fix and with no Bugs, “cosmetic” or otherwise available by then.

I have purchased yesterday the 6th season of Dawson (R2 Belgium) and dvds are the new version of archos protection and work fine with Anydvd 5.8.2.1 (and unreadeable with previous version of AnyDVD on my computer) but I don’t have tried to copy them with CloneDVD.

Thank you very much to the team of Slysoft.
Cyrille

Where do you update the oldest clonedvd 2.8.5.1??? is stuck in this version for months. don’t you update it anymore??? can you do it better to compress most menus than movie and you must do to choose wich part of the movie you want to compress wich chapter.

this version has been out for a while and this is a thread more suited for the clonedvd forum…but if you did a search you’d find there are multiple threads about wishlists for future versions of clonedvd.

Clonedvd works as it is so there is no rush to update it just because a few people want some enhanced features. It wasn’t designed to do mixed compressions. maybe we’ll see it in a future version, maybe we won’t, but as of now if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

Not everyone uses the same compression apps, but if it is not currently compatible with Recode, then I see no point in installing this one (as that is what I use). I’ll wait until a compatible version is released.

Huh?

This version is perfectly compatible with Recode 2 and DVD Shrink.