Anydvd 5.8.1.1 released

Most of you know about the beta, but it’s been released officially now.

from http://www.slysoft.com/download/changes_anydvd.txt

Here the list of fixes and improvements:

5.8.1.1, 2006 01 07

• New: Improved the function to remove unreferenced VOBUs.
    This fixes problems (Error message “invalid navigation
    structure”) with DVDShrink and Nero Recode with some titles.
  • Fix: Alpha DVD copyprotection detection. Some titles (e.g.,
    “The Fifth Element - Remastered Deluxe Edition” R2, German)
    were incorrectly identified as protected with the “Settec
    AlphaDVD” copy protection.
  • Updated languages

You just have to love software that updates so often. Nice work guys. :bow:

Hey Chas, it works with Nero now, I mean " The Cave " , I couldn’t get it to work before.

Here’s the link

http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html

I still get Invalid DVD Structure with Seinfeld Season 5 Disc 2 using DVD Shrink and AnyDVD 5.8.1.1.

Is this an issue with AnyDVD or DVD Shrink?

Edit - Just tried backing up with RECODE - get “A VOBU address is out of bounds. This may be caused by an invalid DVD navigation structure” message.

I also just ran it through AnyDVD and DVD Decrypter to create a full size ISO - it got to 99% but then came up with a similar error regardsing cannot change VOBU on the fly (or something like that) but I can view the ISO file and play the disk with a DVD drive emulator (although I have not checked every menu)

This is very frustrating - every time a new version of AnyDVD comes out I think it has fixed the Seinfeld problem - but alas not yet (unless I am missing something) - any help greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

Thanks

Curious, did it work with 5.6.3.1 as this is the version people are saying is less troublesome?.

I get a lot of this with Shrink but not with Clone, part of the lack of Shrink updates I guess.

if you’re having problems still, follow the instructions in this post and see what slysoft has to say about it.

saying “this doesn’t work” doesn’t get results. Provide slysoft with the info and they’ll try to figure it out.

A lot of fingers are being pointed at DVDShrink in this thread. What I do not understand is if I remove AnyDVD from the mix DVDShrink rips ‘Skeleton Key’ just fine. With AnyDVD enabled, DVDShrink fails. Logic would dictate AnyDVD is introducing something DVDShrink (and Nero Recode 2 for that matter) doesn’t like. How can this point to a DVDShrink issue? It’s more like an AnyDVD incompatability with DVDShrink.
I realize the author of AnyDVD has a vested interest in Clone DVD sales but there are still a boatload of DVDShrink users out there. I would think it might behove the AnyDVD author to check that DVDShrink still works as part of their regression testing. Especially if DVDShrink can rip a title without the aid of AnyDVD.
J

They do check for “Shrink” problems. Fortunatly, not all Shrink users have these kind of problems when running AnyDVD.

Follow these instructions:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=888927

If DVDshrink can rip a title without anydvd, then what’s the problem?

If you have one, follow these instructions:

I ripped Skeleton Key with AnyDVD and DVD Shrink just fine.

With this new version of AnyDVD, Cry Wolf now goes into Shrink without the Invalid DVD Structure error.

Dunno about the Sienfeld issue. Never have (or ever will) need or want to copy anything there so don’t have any experience with that one.

As mentioned already, send Slysoft your iso’s.

Should that have been .IFO 's ?

[QUOTE=Webslinger]If DVDshrink can rip a title without anydvd, then what’s the problem?

AnyDVD is something I just “want to work”. This last bug in AnyDVD introduced a problem that caused Shrink (and NR2) to puke. The author admits the change was introduced to make CD2 (one of their priced products) work better but it seems at the expense of Shrink and NR2. So now I have to take overt action to get Shrink and NR2 to work again. Namely to disable AnyDVD. This last problem was NOT a Shrink problem but something AnyDVD did to cause Shrink (and NR2) to think the DVD structure was invalid. Don’t point the finger at Shrink. AnyDVD screwed things up.
For the sake of completeness, I am a registered CloneDVD2 user but still like Shrink’s interface, options and speed over CD2.
Personally I like Shrink the best, then NR2 and lastly CD2. With AnyDVD in or out of the mix that’s six combinations and permutations.
Since CD2 only works with AnyDVD on, I leave AnyDVD enabled by default. Now I have to rethink that phylosophy.
That’s the problem.
J

I think you are blowing this way out of proportion. I have many different ways to copy DVD movies. AnyDVD is among them as is DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter (with PgcEdit and plugins), Recode 2, CloneDVD 2, DVDFab. With all the combos I have, there has to date been nothing I could not copy. Movie encryption changes from movie to movie and everything always has to play catch up to it. Unfortunately DVD Shrink can’t do this. There has even been some issues with DVD Shrink and DVDFab and DVD Decrypter. Sometimes Vobblanker is also needed to structure it so DVD Shrink can understand it (and with those issues, Recode 2 could process it fine without Vobblanker because it’s newer and can handle some things DVD Shrink can’t). So far AnyDVD has been the quickest to update and it’s my premier option. DVD Shrink is also my favorite compressor/editor. But being as old as it is, I am a realist to the fact that one day it may not fit the bill any longer. You make it sound like AnyDVD can’t rip anything anymore regarding DVD Shrink. Simply inaccurate. I have yet to see a movie that the two can’t handle. I briefly had one and an AnyDVD update fixed it. Also, sometimes when DVD Shrink can’t handle something, Recode 2 can. There is always a way. I think the makers of AnyDVD are doing a tremendous job and going out of their way to make the program compatable with DVD Shrink, which BTW, it not their obligation. Kudos to them for the effort, but how much longer do you think that’s going to be given the age of DVD Shrink and the evolvement of ongoing movie encryption/structure? I do think though that AnyDVD and DVD Shrink are going to continue to get along for quite some time. There may always be an exception or two along the way but it’s sure not the norm.

I second that. What is the big deal to in turning off AnyDVD (or using it with CD2) if it doesn’t occasionally work with other programs?
One thing you can take to the bank is the fact that, if it wasn’t for SlySoft, there are a bunch of movies that Shrink wouldn’t be able to back up.
It seems to me those guys are working overtime to try and make it work with everything. (IMHO)

If you want Anydvd to work the way you want, it would be in your best interest to (I suggest again) follow these instructions:

Anything else (including blaming Andvd) seems counterproductive to me.

This last bug in AnyDVD introduced a problem that caused Shrink (and NR2) to puke.

This issue appears to have been addressed. If not, again, I encourage you to visit the link above.

The author admits the change was introduced to make CD2 (one of their priced products) work better but it seems at the expense of Shrink and NR2. So now I have to take overt action to get Shrink and NR2 to work again.

I am not experiencing any issues with Shrink or the latest version of Nero Recode with Anydvd 5.8.1.1 (granted, I don’t own The Skeleton Key).

Don’t point the finger at Shrink.

Perhaps you would be kind enough to post a link to any previous post where I blamed Shrink for anything.

AnyDVD screwed things up.

To the best of my knowledge, the problem has been fixed. If not, please follow the instructions at http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=888927

For the sake of completeness, I am a registered CloneDVD2 user but still like Shrink’s interface, options and speed over CD2.

That’s pretty interesting considering it’s well established that Shrink is slower than CD2 at backing up DVDs.

Personally I like Shrink the best, then NR2 and lastly CD2. With AnyDVD in or out of the mix that’s six combinations and permutations.
Since CD2 only works with AnyDVD on, I leave AnyDVD enabled by default. Now I have to rethink that phylosophy.

Good luck getting NR2 to import protected DVD titles by itself.

Shrink is a great program. But it’s no longer being developed; it’s dead. I wouldn’t expect Shrink to be able to handle newer protected DVDs anyway, and I could hardly blame Slysoft for not supporting Shrink. Regardless, Slysoft still makes the effort.

Sienfeld issue, actually a episodic dvd. ARccOS and or ripguard in many episodes. The plugins you mention above will work. Just not fast and easy, but free.

“if it wasn’t for SlySoft, there are a bunch of movies that Shrink wouldn’t be able to back up”
Its a popular program here but the statement above is not true.
Anydvd leaves a trail.

It’s true insofar that Shrink is unable to rip many newer dvds solely on its own.

Anydvd leaves a trail.

Are you talking about digital fingerprinting? Anydvd does not leave a “trail”.