AnyDVD 5.4.1.1 NOT removing Adds & trailers

vbimport

Hi, guys… i just made a copy of my Catwoman DVD and AnyDVD 5.4.1.1 did not remove any of the Adds & trailers & did NOT go to root menu.

this is the only DVD it’s done this to me on so far. Is there anything i can do?
Here is the info form the “information window”

Summary for drive H: (AnyDVD 5.4.1.1)
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)

Video DVD (or CD) label: CATWOMAN
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Found & removed Autorun from Video DVD!
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Hi :slight_smile:
Looking at the info there has not been any removal of ads or trailers.
Have you installed or removed some s/w recently.
Check if you haven’t already that box in AnyDVD for removal of ads & trailers is still checked if it isn’t then check it. If it is checked then uninstall AnyDVD removing all Directories & Registry links (make sure your key if you have one is safe).Then reinstall AnyDVD.

ok, thanks for the info, i will uninstall and remove all reg files of the program & get back to you all and let u know if that worked or not.

PS. yes it’s still checked & the only new software i added was “beta version of ad muncher” doing beta test for them.

well, it is AnyDVD 5.4.1.1, I uninstalled it, removed all reg strings & made sure no files where left on my system. reinstalled and it still will not remove the traillers & adds from it.

I took garfiled, 2 Fast 2 Furious, Underworld & a few others DVD that i had backup b4 and those worked fine, AnyDVD got ride of all thouse trailler & stuff.

So, it has to be the protection or something on the one DVD of mine.

Hang on a moment - what are you using to make the backup? CloneDVD2, Nero Recode for example? Could it be that it is the copy software that is still selecting the Adverts and Trailers?

Yes, AnyDVD only removes them for playback, not recording. The recoding software is where you remove stuff.

It’s not the backup software guys…

I’m also paided for CloneDVD & that is what i meanly use to do my backups (never used Nero for my backups ONLY burning & custom DVD creations)…

Also, AnyDVD will remove the scripts (traillers whatever) for a copying program (just not all of them). It has to be something with anydvd and that one darn DVD i have. I have been in this field a long time and know what i’m doing.

Also, here is the CSS key if it helps debug…

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\SlySoft\AnyDVD\Archive5\bbc6c8d29924615f2ceb311c7c882b72]
"Index"=dword:00000001
"Label"="CATWOMAN"
"Count"=dword:00000003
"LastAccess"=dword:0305bfc8

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\SlySoft\AnyDVD\Archive5\bbc6c8d29924615f2ceb311c7c882b72\1]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\SlySoft\AnyDVD\Archive5\bbc6c8d29924615f2ceb311c7c882b72\2]
"Key"="e8c18382ba"
"Substitute"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\SlySoft\AnyDVD\Archive5\bbc6c8d29924615f2ceb311c7c882b72\3]
"Key"="e650b9fb48"
"Substitute"=dword:00000000

@walliewall - I never personally use the remove adverts and trailers function on AnyDVD, I would have just thought it would more useful when playing an original disc - I just run AnyDVD and open CloneDVD2 and tell it where the DVD is - I don’t backup the whole DVD only the main movie - I know I have sucesfully backuped Catwomen (R2, PAL, Widescreen) without any adverts or trailers.

Are you backing up the whole disc or just the main movie? (i.e. 1st or 2nd button on CloneDVD2?)

Indeed…When you remove adverts and trailers it confuses some DVD players so I just leave them be. :iagree:

To: abrown15

yea, i’m not backing up just the movie (i have messed up my dvds b4 and wanted the extras stuff and did not have it), I’m backing up the hole DVD. I just hate having the trailers in there when making a copy of my org dvd.

I did not think about that, i can try and use the “copy dvd tiles” to remove the adds. I will give that a shot, it’s not a big deal just think it’s wierd, that i can remove them on all my other DVDs but that one.

From the AnyDVD help (RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON!!!):
“Please note, that this feature does not work with all DVD titles”

Hint:
You can always check what AnyDVD has achieved by playing the original DVD with PC DVD Player Sofware while AnyDVD is running.