AnyDVd 4.5.5.1, 2005 01 17
changelog:

• New: Added support for a new version of the “Sony ARccOS
    protection” as found on “The Forgotten” (US) to the option
    to remove “Protection based on unreadable Sectors”
  • New: Added support for the “Settec ALPHA-DVD protection”
    as found on “Old Boy - Final Edition” (Korea) to the option to
    remove “Protection based on unreadable Sectors”
  • New: Added names of protection (Arccos, Puppetlock, ALPHA-DVD)
    to information window.
  • New: Added Video Standard to information window
  • New: Added option to deactivate the CSS key archive
  • Change: Filesystem locking, to fix problems with autoplay
  • Change: Background of settings dialog
  • Fix: Information window could show garbage characters
  • Fix: Possible program hang
  • Fix: Uninstaller could display corrupt strings
  • Some minor fixes and improvements
  • Updated languages

Even with the latest version of AnyDVD and CloneDVD, I’m unable to make a copy of The Forgotten (US). I’m getting this error: “File 1 G:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_03_4.VOB 23 TCSectorReader”. I get the same error with Nero Recode. The souce DVD is new.

I just backed up “The Forgotten” region 1 brand-new dvd using CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD 4.5.4.1 (yes, that’s not the latest version). I removed everything except the menus and both versions of the film, plus all languages were kept except for Thai, giving me a 100% compression-free back-up. Maybe you should try this version of AnyDVD in the meantime? Let us know how you make out…

[QUOTE=vomitator]AnyDVd 4.5.5.1, 2005 01 17
changelog:

• New: Added support for a new version of the “Sony ARccOS
    protection” as found on “The Forgotten” (US) to the option
    to remove “Protection based on unreadable Sectors”

How do I upgrade to the latest version? I have version 4.5.2.1 and it will not decrypt The Forgotten. This is the first movie I’ve come across that it wouldn’t work with. I had no problem at all with Resident Evil a week ago.

How do I upgrade to the latest version? I have version 4.5.2.1 and it will not decrypt The Forgotten. This is the first movie I’ve come across that it wouldn’t work with. I had no problem at all with Resident Evil a week ago.

Download the latest version from Slysoft and run the setup.

I just watched the original and it locks up at 1:16 in the theatrical release and at 1:18 in the directors cut. There may be an actual problem with the DVD. I am exchanging it tomorrow.

I already took my first copy back and exchanged it. They both locked up almost immediatly. This new encryption is a tough nut to crack.

I just downloaded the latest version of Any Dvd and was unable to copy The Forgotten. I’ve read other posts with similar problems. I think this new Sony encryption is going to be a real problem.

Could you post what are the symptoms of your problem? Is anydvd popping a window on you? What does it say?

Good News! I was finally able to copy The Forgotten with Any Dvd 4.5.5.1 and Clone DVD. It took 129 minutes but it finally worked. I’ve only watched a few minutes of the movie so far so I’ll have to watch the whole thing later on to make sure the copy is good. I really like Any DVD, but have stopped using Clone DVD because of the length of time it takes me to copy movies. I only used it this time to see if it would work at all. I’ve discussed the length of time it takes in another thread, and have tried to solve it but with no success. In case you are interested, here are my computer specs:

P4 1500mhz
IG ram
Plextor PX-716A burner
Compaq 12x max DVD-rom

I normally use Recode but decided to try CloneDVD since it is supposed to work better with AnyDVD.

The error message from CloneDVD is in this thread and is similar to the one from Recode. The error I get on my Sony DVD player is simply locking up. It freezes at 1:16 of the movie - I can skip ahead to the next chapter. I’m not sure if it is caused by the protection on the disc or if there is a defect. I will update when I get the exchanged disc.

Ok kids, I got the replacement DVD and it works perfectly. I was able to watch the movie and back it up. Just for fun I tried both CloneDVD and Nero Recode. Both worked.

Glad to hear you got it resolved, just because it’s new doesn’t always mean it is without flaws, sometimes it fools us into believing it’s the software we’re using.
New is not perfect, ever buy a new car?

Problem with any dvd 4.5.5.1

This new version is unable to decode and play the new good charlotte album (the cronicles of life and death) whereas the version before had no problems.

i get the same thing, someone please help

There were no technical changes made from 4541 beta to 4551. I assume, your problem is not related to AnyDVD.