AnyDVD 4.5.3.1 available for beta testing

vbimport

The most important change is the support for Settec ALPHA-DVD, a new DVD protection developed in Korea.

4.5.3.1 (beta), 2005 01 13

• New: Added support for the “Settec ALPHA-DVD protection”
    as found on “Old Boy - Final Edition” (Korea) to the option to
    remove “Protection based on unreadable Sectors”
  • New: Added names of protection (Arccos, Puppetlock, ALPHA-DVD)
    to information window.
  • New: Added Video Standard to information window
  • New: Added option to deactivate the CSS key archive
  • Change: Filesystem locking, to fix problems with autoplay

Current download location:
http://ev1.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD4531.exe

Good!
new function(Added option to deactivate the CSS key archive)

I agree! The CSS key archive is useless, if you only watch DVDs which match the region of your drive, or if you have a region free drive, or if you have one of the drives which have a “nice, AnyDVD friendly bug” in the firmware like Plextor PX-W708A or the DVD-ROM in my Samsung Laptop.

If someone is interested in this protection, some useless information can be found here: http://www.settec.co.kr/eng/pro_alphadvd.htm
Nothing really interesting, only marketing babble.

Olli,

just for curiosity (since I have a 708A)… what “friendly bug” are you talking about?

Regards, :slight_smile:

ET

Of course these all are personal tastes, but for me it is useful, as my Hitacho GD-8000 DVD-ROM is getting old and it actually have started to struggle everytime CSS-key is readed, don’t ask why, it just does that… With archive I don’t have this problem as drive itself doesn’t need to read those again :wink:

Actually with this option I found my problem @ first place =)

I was afraid someone was asking this. I hope Plextor or other manufacturers won’t read this…
I found this in the MMC docs:

QUOTE:
The use of Regionalization is limited to Discs that employ CSS. There are two places that contain region information, one in the Logical Unit and another for each media that contains CSS Scrambled Title(s). When the region in the Logical Unit and that of the CSS Title are different, the system shall prevent the playback of that title (movie).
When a REPORT KEY Command is received by a Logical Unit, in the Bus Key Established state (see Figure 23), with a Format Code of 04h (Title Key), and the region code of the current media is not playable in the current region set in the Logical Unit, the command shall be terminated with CHECK CONDITION status, sense key set to ILLEGAL REQUEST and additional sense code set to MEDIA REGION CODE IS MISMATCHED TO LOGICAL UNIT REGION. A regionalized CSS media shall be deemed not playable if the region of the Logical Unit is not set.
/QUOTE

Most units do exactly this: On region mismatch (if the region of the drive is not set, this is a “mismatch” as well) they will not reveal the title key and abort with the error mentioned above. (Exception: Panasonic/MATSUSHITA drives will not read at all on region mismatch. Don’t buy them)
If AnyDVD cannot get the keys this way, it will try to crack them with a brute force attack. This probably will not work always - you will see the message “AnyDVD has guessed the key”.

Some drives, including the Plextor PX-W708, can be, well, “convinced” to reveal the title keys nevertheless. (Both my PX-W708 and my Samsung Laptop are not set to any region, I don’t know, if this still works, if the drive is set to a region).
AnyDVD will take advantage of this “bug” and will not do a brute force attack with such a drive.
AFAIK no other descrambler software does take advantage of this “bug”.
With Ricoh/Philips burners AnyDVD has to open & close the tray to get the key. With these drives a key archive is very useful. :slight_smile:

:bigsmile:

Thanks! :slight_smile: :bow: :slight_smile:

ET

Hello Olli,

I’m always on the look out for some useless material to read… :slight_smile:

I am happy with the recent changes to AnyDVD…Good Job Slysoft

With all the recent work-arounds to the copy protections, it reminds me of the old C-64 Fast Hack’em days :wink:

just tried the new anydvd 4.5.3.1 with the new clonedvd 2.6.1.3 on the movie “Forgotten” US. and had no luck at all…

Summary for drive F:
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)

Video DVD (or CD) label: DVD_VIDEO
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1 3!

Found & removed RCE protection!
Found & removed wrong DVD structure!
Structural copy protection not found.
Found & removed Autorun from Video DVD!
Found & removed 1 bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

here is the error I am getting : File 1 F:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_03_1.VOB 23 TCSectorReader

these guys are doing a great job I know the problem will be fixed in a few days … thanks to olli and slysoft for the great programs…

Please do the following:

• Deactivate AnyDVD
  • Zip the .IFO files (no .vob files, please)
  • Send the .zip archive to support(at)slysoft.com (replace (at) with @)
  • Tell in the email anything relevant (Movie title, Region, country of origin) and your AnyDVD Serial number (you can see it in the INFO tab of the settings window)

Thank you!

info sent … folders empty ,no ifo file. doesn’t get that far before the error

This is how you do it:
Create a folder “Forgotten” on your desktop. Insert the DVD. Deactivate AnyDVD. Open the DVD in explorer. Open VIDEO_TS. Now drag all .ifo files one by one to your “Forgotten” folder on your desktop. Zip the folder using WinZip (or whatever you prefer) to Forgotten.zip. Attach this to an email and send it to support(at)slysoft.com. (replace (at) with @)

We will probably add a feature “send ifo files” to a future version of AnyDVD to save you the trouble.

Thank you!

you should have it now thanks for the info

Thank you, got it. And only short time later…

http://update.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD4541.exe

Please try it. Let me know, if “The Forgotten” can now be copied.

4.5.4.1 (beta), 2005 01 15

• New: Added support for a new version of the “Sony ARccOS
    protection” as found on “The Forgotten” (US) to the option
    to remove “Protection based on unreadable Sectors”
  • New: Added support for the “Settec ALPHA-DVD protection”
    as found on “Old Boy - Final Edition” (Korea) to the option to
    remove “Protection based on unreadable Sectors”
  • New: Added names of protection (Arccos, Puppetlock, ALPHA-DVD)
    to information window.
  • New: Added Video Standard to information window
  • New: Added option to deactivate the CSS key archive
  • Change: Filesystem locking, to fix problems with autoplay
  • Change: Background of settings dialog
  • Fix: Information window could show garbage characters
  • Some minor fixes and improvements
  • Updated languages

copied with no problems at all !

Great work James… :bow:

ET