ANYDVD 3.5.2.1 startup problem after 4 disc inserts !?

vbimport

#1

I have an problem with SLYSOFT ANYDVD 3.5.2.1

  1. after start up on windows xp sometimes it totally
    hangs and I have to reinstall it or reboot it (didn’t
    occur in version ANYDVD 3.2.1.1).
  2. when after having switched 4 disc in my dvd-rom
    drive anydvd 3.5.2.1 freezes and my system crashes.

So in between I’m using DVD region free 3.32, works fine doesn’t hang when I switch dvd-disc in the copy program, decrypts directly while with anydvd it crashed.

Are these problems fixed with latest anydvd version ?


#2

Originally posted by solveprogramissue

after start up on windows xp sometimes it totally hangs and I have to reinstall it or reboot it
(didn’t occur in version ANYDVD 3.2.1.1).

Are these problems fixed with latest anydvd version ?
Uncheck ‘Autostart’, so there will be no hang-ups on startup.
You can run the application only when it’s time to use it.

You can easily update your current version to see if your system got the desired remedy.
If not, then it would be wise to switched to the 3.2.1.1


#3

> If not, then it would be wise to switched to the 3.2.1.1 <

Or upgrade to AnyDVD 3.5.3.1?


#4

Originally posted by SlySoft

Or upgrade to AnyDVD 3.5.3.1?
Yeah :wink:

Originally posted by BoSkin

You can easily update your current version to see if the system got the desired remedy.


#5

Thanx for the info you all, thanx slysoft for the quick response too.

I uninstalled ANYDVD 3.5.2.1 and deleted it, I upgraded to ANYDVD 3.5.3.1, no problems now with autorun on windows xp reboot or even switching discs as many times as possible.

Slysoft, my compliments, 3.5.3.1 even has the option now to immediately decrypts the disc while the copying program already has started and finished disc 1 when switching over to disc 2 (m-dvd in intervideo dvd copy)when copying a flipper disc.


#6

im having a similar problem i believe…

Im currently running v 3.2.1.1 and after creating 2 disks i can no longer open the anydvd application.

I recieve a windows XP error report saying the anydvd.exe has caused a problem and needs to close.

Any idea on how i should fix this ???

Cheers


#7

Originally posted by camztheman
[B]im having a similar problem i believe…

Im currently running v 3.2.1.1 and after creating 2 disks i can no longer open the anydvd application.

I recieve a windows XP error report saying the anydvd.exe has caused a problem and needs to close.

Any idea on how i should fix this ???

Cheers [/B]

Upgrade AnyDVD?


#8

ive done that and still no end in sight…

i even went back to an earlier version but it didnt help.

anyone else getting this prob ?


#9

Originally posted by camztheman

i even went back to an earlier version but it didnt help.
anyone else getting this prob ?
busmaster drivers ?


#10

I know what the issue is, I had both anydvd 3.6.1.1. and before anydvd 3.2.1.1 installed, all my transcoder programs and anydvd went slower, didn’t eject the disc after backup proces was finished, I had to reboot everytime. When re-installing anydvd and others gave the same problems.

Problem was: I downloaded an program and got an virus (called “downloader.trojan”) run your antivirus scan on your pc and quaraintaine. Delete the virus and redownload what it might have destroyed, after this all will work fine. This was the problemI solved on my pc.

:bigsmile:


#11

thanks for your help… i will try to find the virus


#12

ive updated my virus software and cant find the virus :frowning:

any more ideas ?


#13

Originally posted by camztheman

I recieve a windows XP error report saying the anydvd.exe has caused a problem and needs to close.

Once you receive this message, restart AnyDVD.


#14

if by that you mean to reload the application i have tried that many times… still the same error.

Btw what exactly are the busmaster drivers ?

Is there a similar program to anyDvD that would allow me to see if the problem is restricted to anydvd or my computer ?

Would it help if i posted the error message ?


#15

Originally posted by camztheman

Btw what exactly are the busmaster drivers ?

Is there a similar program to anyDvD that would allow me to see if the problem is restricted to anydvd or my computer ?

I wonder if you ever bothered studying the above hypelink ?

Bus Master & DMA


#16

ok i had a breif read about busmasters…

Should i try to update them or unninstal them ?


#17

Originally posted by Olli

Please try the drivers which came with XP instead.


#18

I have come accross an major annoying problem, anydvd and all my transcoding software crashed, dvd burner locked up, couldn’t eject dvd disc etc.

Checked for virus, all is clean, checked installation all good, checked busmaster etc all clear.

The final issue was spyware, that interrupted a lot of my processes, this I removed with ad-aware etc. no more problems since then.

An tip for anyone else, hope to have helped you too.


#19

Originally posted by solveprogramissue

The final issue was spyware, that interrupted a lot of my processes, this I removed with ad-aware etc. no more problems since then.
Spyware ? Surprise, surprise !

Besides the mentioned Ad-Aware, these 2 can come in handy as well :

SpywareBlaster 3.1

Spybot-S&D