AnyDVD 3.3.2.1

vbimport

I’ve recently upgraded from 3.2.x.x and 3.3 is still giving the same problems on my laptop. It’s a packard bell with built in DVD-RW drive but every time windows starts aydvd pops-up saying it can’t find a dvd drive when their obviously is.

Also when using Clone-DVD, AnyDVD is not removing the CSS protection.

I’ve also had exactly the same problem as above with a Compaq Evo with external firewire/usb NEC 1300 Dual format DVD drive.

Windows XP home on the laptop, Pro on the Compaq

> I’ve recently upgraded from 3.2.x.x and 3.3 is still giving the same problems on my laptop. It’s a packard bell with built in DVD-RW drive but every time windows starts aydvd pops-up saying it can’t find a dvd drive when their obviously is. <

You installed it as an Administrator?
You did reboot after installation?

> Also when using Clone-DVD, AnyDVD is not removing the CSS protection. <

Well, this is clear, as it didn’t install properly.

I’ve re-installed and rebooted several times. Even tried re-applying XP SP1 on both machines.

There is a possibility that AnyDVD has picked up an incorrect driver letter which is not pointing to your DVD/RW this can happen.

I have had a similar problem happening to a friend as well. What you need to do is to go to the system manage in Win XP. This can happen if you have any other buring software that installs virtual CD/DVD ROms in the system.

Right Click on My computer Icon on your desktop and then select manage. Now click on the Disk Management and you will see all the drives including the Optical devices in your system.

Now compare the drive letter that the AnyDVD has picked up as a letter to your dvd rw drive and you will see what the problem is.

You can try to re-assign ( change) the drive letter of your DVD/RW to the letter that AnyDVD has picked or visversa. That should solve your problem.

Give it a shot and if it does not help write back with a bit more info specially what drive letter is associated to your AnyDVD as I susupect as Olli had said some how the program has not been installed correctly.

AnyDVD was picking up the DVD drive as well as my Virtual Clone drive (CloneCD). As AnyDVD was picking both these up I wasn’t sure what benefit there was to re-assigning drive letters.

What I have done though is remove AnyDVD and CloneCD (wasn’t really using the Virtual drive anyway) then re-installed AnyDVD and it’s working ok. I even put the latest CloneCD on and AnyDVD is still ok.

Thanks for your help, it does appear the virtual drive may have been a problem.

I am glad it worked out for you. :slight_smile:

But two things depending the version of the clone cd that you are using the latest version does not incorporates the virtual drive any longer.

However if you have not updated your clone you still have a choice not to install the virtual drive when you install CloneCD. Unless of course you really want to use the image mounting on the virtual drive.

Just a note: AnyDVD usually has no problem with VirtualCloneDrive (at least not on the systems I have :slight_smile: )