Anybody note the intended price change after Jan 1/08 = buy licenses fast and use X_mas 20% off also

The price will be in Euros
do the math
currentlly all 6 products bundle price $155
20% off = $124 christmas code

after Jan 1
Bundle price =155EU = $228 from XE.com

wow

[QUOTE=zaq;1951302]The price will be in Euros
do the math
currentlly all 6 products bundle price $155
20% off = $124 christmas code

after Jan 1
Bundle price =155EU = $228 from XE.com

wow[/QUOTE]yeah it was posted in the newbie forum awhile back :confused:

[QUOTE=rolling56;1951304]yeah it was posted in the newbie forum awhile back :confused:[/QUOTE]

ahem
I haven’t been in that forum for awhile
my bad :o
maybe the mod can merge or delete it

[QUOTE=zaq;1951308]ahem
I haven’t been in that forum for awhile
my bad :o
maybe the mod can merge or delete it[/QUOTE]oh no. I just don’t know why they posted in the newbie forum :doh:

[QUOTE=rolling56;1951315]oh no. I just don’t know why they posted in the newbie forum :doh:[/QUOTE]

Watch out or you’ll get kicked out of the anydvd forum too.:cop::p:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Dr. Who;1951331]Watch out or you’ll get kicked out of the anydvd forum too.:cop::p:bigsmile:[/QUOTE]shhhhhh :flower:

With the price increase after January I am glad I already own all their products to be honest and get back to the topic.

So it would smart to buy it now then, wouldn’t it. But even at those prices the Bundle is still cheap for what you get. My opinion.:iagree:

[QUOTE=alan1476;1951339]So it would smart to buy it now then, wouldn’t it. But even at those prices the Bundle is still cheap for what you get. My opinion.:iagree:[/QUOTE]

Yes Alan they should in all reality charge double or triple for what they do and the lifetime of free updates is hard to beat. Instead of having a greedy company this shows that they are for the people and enjoy what sales they do bring in.

I want to grab the upgrade for AnyDVD but the truth is, I probably won’t be getting a HD drive for a few years. I’m not sure if I should pay for the upgrade now and never use it or do it later.

I think I may hold out…

[QUOTE=Dr. Who;1951338]With the price increase after January I am glad I already own all their products to be honest and get back to the topic.[/QUOTE]

Doc
I too have all the Licences except that new gamer thing
Maybe people will see this post & realize what a good deal it is to purchase now.
Holding you money now will not see it double in the next few years

Maybe this can be moved to bargain basement :bigsmile:

Is it true that they are not converting the currency? Fair enough that a XMAS discount coupon expires, but to go from one currency to another without conversion seems more than a bit unusual.

For example, if they were pricing in Yen, would they keep the same amount if they decided to go to Euros? That’d help their profitability, wouldn’t it?

I can’t believe there won’t be a currency conversion - but I guess stranger things have happened than an almost 50% price rise in the blink of an eye.

Anyway, if that’s the case, no thanks.

Regards

If the senior members here have not bought this program by now, shame on them, they would not have bought it anyway. There is still 2 weeks to buy this program at a generous discount, I would take advantage of it.:iagree:

Alan,

Shame on me then. I do not have any need for these products.

And, of course, any business is allowed to set its prices where it wants. Most, however, edge them up in little increments to cover their costs or increase margins, instead of great big 50% gulps. It’s up to SS to see if their products exhibit any price elasticity. It’s their risk that customers will be scared away by humungous price increases.

Regards

[quote=blutach;1951903]Alan,

Shame on me then. I do not have any need for these products.

And, of course, any business is allowed to set its prices where it wants. Most, however, edge them up in little increments to cover their costs or increase margins, instead of great big 50% gulps. It’s up to SS to see if their products exhibit any price elasticity. It’s their risk that customers will be scared away by humungous price increases.

Regards[/quote]
You are entilted to your opinion, I have mine. I dont think anyone will be scared away, why don’t you wait until the prices are set to make your judgements. Even at the prices you assume, it still a bargain in my opinion.

Next time I travel to Canada from the States I am going to ask them(the Canucks) for a +40% refund on everything I buy as the Looney only cost 60 US cents, a little over a year or so

Alan,

I subsequently checked the website and it did say it would be a 1:1 change. I interpret that to mean what costs $79 will now cost E79 (US$116 or in my country A$132), a 47% price hike.

Good luck if they can get it. They’re entitled to make a buck - or a Euro. But I’m not parting with A$132 for a decrypter - hope they find this feedback useful.

Regards

[quote=blutach;1951954]Alan,

I subsequently checked the website and it did say it would be a 1:1 change. I interpret that to mean what costs $79 will now cost E79 (US$116 or in my country A$132), a 47% price hike.

Good luck if they can get it. They’re entitled to make a buck - or a Euro. But I’m not parting with A$132 for a decrypter - hope they find this feedback useful.

Regards[/quote]
And of course you know what the rate will be in Jan. If you do let me know, I can make some money trading currencys. LOL.:bigsmile:

Alan, I admit I am uysing today’s currency rates. I am not a currency futures trader either, but do know a little about the capital markets. :wink:

In any event, if the rate moves one way or the other in the next 19 days, well it could be better or worse for consumers. However, I don’t expect it will move substantially.

Regards

[QUOTE=alan1476;1951959]And of course you know what the rate will be in Jan. If you do let me know, I can make some money trading currencys. LOL.:bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Can I get some currency too!
If I get enough I can give up my J-:bigsmile:-B