Anybody knows this ATIP?

vbimport

I stumbled upon some black 80min discs, branded Memorex. As I know Memorex doesn't produce anything themselves, I thought it would be interesting to know who made them.
Unfortunatley they seem a little to new for CD-R Identifier...

ATIP: 97m 16s 06f
Disc Manufacturer: Unknown Disc Identification Code
Reflective layer: Dye (Short strategy; e.g. Phthalocyanine)
Media type: CD-Recordable
Recording Speeds: min. unknown - max. unknown
nominal Capacity: 702.83MB (79m 59s 73f / LBA: 359848)

Anybody knows? :slight_smile:

Made by Ritek.

Originally posted by Airhead
Unfortunatley they seem a little to new for CD-R Identifier…

Isn’t CDR Identifier a bit antiquated? It’s been at version 1.63 for ages. Maybe the author was updating the database of Manufacturers etc, but the program always stayed at 1.63?

Well, whatever happened - he’s given up now. I wonder if anyone here would like to maintain the program now?

Thanks OC. :slight_smile:
Yep, he has stopped developing it. But I don’t know any other ATIP identifiers (except for the small one in CDSpeed), so therefore I still use it.

Or use the CD-R identifier from Lite-On…if you could get it working. :wink:

I still use it too Airhead it’s a great little app, I wasn’t clear about what I was asking though… Was the last update of CDR-Identifier when the program was updated to 1.63, or was it later? Was the author updating the database after that fact?

Does anyone know?

@Airhead

Poor you ! :frowning:

But let me help you and refresh your memory.
Long long ago … on the 30 th of May Calle and I discussed the matter called Which Brand ? here http://forum.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46850

Well, you were there too.

Perhaps that post of mine would give you a clue :

BoSkin :

ATIP info from disk - Read by Feurio 1.65

ATIP start of lead in: -02:35:74 (sector: -11699)
ATIP start of lead out: 79:59:74 (sector: 359999)
Manufacturer code: 97 24 01 - Taiyo Yuden Company
Disc subtype: Medium Type A, high Beta category (A+)

I then simply wonder which prog you’re using for burning your audio CDs ? :rolleyes: LOL !

P.S. I kinda dislike Memorex but only for your sake i’ll get those ( black ones) ASAP and will provide you w more info later.

I use Nero for everything! :smiley:
Thanks for the help OC!

I belive 1.63 was the last and final release…

@Airhead

Nero for everything ?! :confused:

Good for you ! It’s like …when you have only one choice - you have less to lose, huh ?

BoSkin, I don’t know what you have against me, but I advise you to drop the attitude!
I don’t see how what programs I use for burning can be interesting to you, but since you apparently must know:
I use Nero for “everyday use”.
I use CloneCD for backup purpouses.
Sometimes I use Fireburner and sometimes I use CDRWin.
As you can see, I have many choices. But I mostly use Nero, since it’s the most complete mastering program there is.