Anybody ever got a bad batch of Verbatims?

I just bought me a spindle of Verbatim DVD+RW from Rima and I’m trying to find out if I got a defective batch or if my drive just really hates these. These are some of the worst discs I’ve ever seen, only equaled by some CMC +RW I bought dirt cheap once.

Here’s a scan of my first disc burnt with Imgburn. Since Imgburn thinks it needs to erase the whole disc before it starts I guess that would really make it the second.

And that was a good scan. The first scan I did of this disc had PI errors over 1000.

The second disc I burnt using Nero and while the scan looked much better one of the files on the disc was corrupted making that burn worse than the first.

The third disc I tried came out the best of the three but hardly good by any stretch of the imagination.

And finally here’s a comparison scan from a Ritek that’s been written to at least 3 or 4 times (probably more like 6+) and while the scan isn’t good at all it’s still better than these brand new Verbatim’s.

Yes I’ve had bad batches of Verbatim media, including 4x DVD+RW (MKM A02). :iagree:

Verbatim media’s quality has drastically reduced lately. I have a spindle of 50 Verbatim Azo CDRs all with visible defects in the dye which produce awful results and two spindles of 25 Verbatim DVD+Rs also with a visible defect in the dye.

I just examined one and I’m not seeing any physical damage. No bubbles or anything like that.

Same problem here.

Since Verbatim media are not made by Taiyo Yuden anymore, they are a disaster.

[QUOTE=FlyingLuka;2280666]Since Verbatim media are not made by Taiyo Yuden anymore, they are a disaster.[/QUOTE] Only a minority of Verbatim media has been manufactured by Taiyo Yuden, and no Re-Writeable media has been Taiyo Yuden manufactured.

DVD+RW scanned in an Asus, eh?

I am not surprised by the outcome…

[QUOTE=chef;2280856]DVD+RW scanned in an Asus, eh?

I am not surprised by the outcome…[/QUOTE]

Yes, Asus burners are not reliable scanners at all, especially with rewritable media.