Anybody backup Curse of the Golden Flower

vbimport

Have been using Search for the last two nights and found only two mentions of this dvd - unresolved by the way. Has anyone done a successful clone, full disk or main movie only backup of this title?Reply appreciated.

Hi :slight_smile:
Welcome onboard hexenmeister. :iagree: :clap:
This title has been backuped with DVDFab.
R2 UK. Movie only.
If using AnyDVD/CloneDVD2, you have to keep titles. Even for movie only.
With DVDFab, however movie only was/is a breeze. (Haven’t tried full disc).
The problem with this movie is chapter 2. It is part of the ‘protection’.
(Basically returns to chapter 1.)
So if you’re having troubles.
Just deselect chapter 2.

[B]zebadee:[/B] Thank you for your reply. Am awaiting a second purchased copy of this title as I think the first was a bad pressing. Do not really understand how to ‘deselect’ chapter 2 in FAB PLAT, but when disk arrives will attempt backup and post back. Hopefully you might keep an eye on this thread?

Much obliged.

[quote=hexenmeister;2004665][B]zebadee:[/B] Thank you for your reply. Am awaiting a second purchased copy of this title as I think the first was a bad pressing. Do not really understand how to ‘deselect’ chapter 2 in FAB PLAT, but when disk arrives will attempt backup and post back. Hopefully you might keep an eye on this thread?

Much obliged.[/quote]

Well here’s the update as promised. After reading your post, got to thinking and decided to try again - this time backing up via FAB Platinum Main Movie only.
I ripped to my hdd (dvd9 100% quality)
Then via imgburn to a DL blank verbatim 2.4x, manually selecting layer break.
Burn and Verify successful.
Checked in my standalone player, eh [I]Voila! [/I]Success.

My thanks to you for the nudge in the right direction. :clap::clap::clap: