Any word on Blueray recorders or 2xlayered?

vbimport

Was looking to see if there is any new word on release dates for blue ray recorders, and or dual layered dvd-r.

nothing newer than they are planned to come out mid 04, and phillips is the only company that has given any dates and specs
They say july 04
2.4x dual layer writing,
8x (or 4x cant remember) single layer,
Will only write to dvd+r and dvd+r d/l

I will wait for a drive that supports both formats and burns dual layers at 4x or greater.

google it for exact details

probably the end of the year is my guess for all this

I hope its a pioneer!

Force

hehehe… pioneer doesn’t want dvd+r to prosper…

hehehe… pioneer doesn’t want dvd+r to prosper…

True, True

I know they have money invested in DvD-R. And they hope it prevails.

I personally like dvd-r better, but whatever

Originally posted by forcelite
[B]True, True

I know they have money invested in DvD-R. And they hope it prevails.

I personally like dvd-r better, but whatever [/B]

me i’m stucked with dvd+r with the way liteon handles dvd-r media…

in anycase it gets the job done… but i think the standard will simply be dvd±r… since we are seeing a lot of drives doing + and -, but if the decision will based on the number who backs a particular format… i think there are more dvd+r supporters than dvd-r…

Even though I want DvD-R to prevail, my gut feeling is that +R will come ahead in the end.

It has to much backing

Cherchez le Sony:

http://www.clubic.com/n/n11708.html

That’s the extent of my French, mon dieu!

Nice find! google translation,

THICK Sony-700 (doubles puts to bed) photo, info and prices!
Published the 24/02/2004 by Vincent

Sony has just communicated us the news concerning his next engraver DVD: the DRU-700A that should be produced by its cares and that should bear the engraving on two put to bed (DVD+R9) this that allows stocking until 8.5 Go of data on a virgin DVD against 4.7 Go currently.

The DRU-700A will propose an engraving speed DVD+R9 of 2.4x. The engraving DVD+R will be carried out to the speed of 8X and the engraving DVD+RW in 4X.

New good, this engraver will bear equally the format dvd-r (8X) and dvd-rw (4x). The party CD will be assured with a speed of 40X (cd-r) and 24X (cd-rw) while for the reading it will be necessary to content itself with a speed of 40X (CD) and of 12X (DVD).

Book with Nero, this engraver will be proposed to the price of 199 Euros from the month of May. An external model (DRX-700UL, USB 2.0) is equally foreseen to the price of 299 Euros.

The engravers DVD+R9 will be therefore very reasonable, remains at connaitre now the price of the DVD+R9 virgin.