Any way to Scam the 2x permanent?

hI GUYS

What my question is, is it possible somehow to get the pioneer A04 writer to write to 1x certified media at 2x ?? (ie, a hacked firmware?) . what would happen if you use 1x media at 2x speed ??

thanks…

hopefully it works :slight_smile:

If you write at x2 on x1 media you would probably get errors and untold skipping and jumping… some of the x1 media isnt even good for x1 :slight_smile: !

hweight: You were able to affort a dvd writer, so you can also affort 2x compatible media, such as Verbatim. And no, there is no way to disable the media check.

Originally posted by hweight
[B]hI GUYS

What my question is, is it possible somehow to get the pioneer A04 writer to write to 1x certified media at 2x ?? (ie, a hacked firmware?) . what would happen if you use 1x media at 2x speed ??

thanks…

hopefully it works :slight_smile: [/B]

It is possible to flash your firmware with a hacked firmware. But use this only at your OWN risk. I for myself fucked up my Pioneer and now have to wait what Pioneer says about it. Looks like the drive itself just broke down or something because even the firmware hacker has the same problem :slight_smile:

For the media thing : experience has learned that most media will write at 2X even if they’re only certified at 1X. But the same goes for this as for the flashing part, at your OWN risk only.

find hacked firmwares here : http://www.firmware-flash.com

Yes, most media will be written at 2x.
But I want to read it after writing! Even with DataTrack, which is better than the average 1x crap, was totally unreadable at 2x.

You might have success with Ritek G03. These were written at 2x with 1.31, but this was disabled in 1.32 because of too many coasters. However, if you get a good batch of Ritek G03, then you can use the hacked firmware for A04 and get reasonable burns at 2x.

For A03-users, at least such media, which is only 2x certified for A04 (Taiyo Yuden, Matsushita), should write properly at 2x with the hacked firmare.